• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why only so few videos ingame?

OoohShiny

Smash Rookie
Ive been wondering why there are only so few videos when you are betting coins or watching charactervideos. After an hour it gets already repetative (if you would want to farm gold, you could easily just write down whos winning which match and after an hour you would get ~80% known matches) - is there some kind of daily or weekly rotation, of will it always be such a small amount? Maybe it is just because the game is not released for so long - but i dont even know what your round has to be to get recorded and open for betting/watching - it felt like a few of the sheik gameplayvideos were actually me O_o

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I stick to watching streams and youtube videos personally. Find a channel with enough regular content + commentary and it's better than watching replays.

KingPinGamez

Smash Apprentice
I stick to watching streams and youtube videos personally. Find a channel with enough regular content + commentary and it's better than watching replays.
Even in that case not many channels have concise explanations that help playes get better.

Conda

Even in that case not many channels have concise explanations that help playes get better.
Agreed. That's what I focus on in my channel, because I've noticed a distinct lack of it.

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
I thought you spectated live matches, not watching old matches... No wonder I thought it was weird when I recognized a couple of matches and had a deja vu.

Conda

I thought you spectated live matches, not watching old matches... No wonder I thought it was weird when I recognized a couple of matches and had a deja vu.
What do you mean? Why would you have dejavu

Sometimes I host tournaments, in which case all commentary is live.

Sometimes I host 1v1 friendlies and do live commentary, while other times I save the replays and do live commentary later. Kind of like how HuskyStarcraft does it. The majority of the time when I commentate replays, I'm pretty much watching them blind and don't remember how they turned out. All I know is it was a good enough match to save and add to my work queue. :)

It allows me to keep the quality levels up. There's actually a whole process I go through to vet matches and players so I have some great and interesting matches to share with you guys. It takes longer than sticking to solely live commentary, but I think it leads to much better videos for you guys.

For example, laggy matches don't make it up for obvious reasons as they wouldn't be helpful, as well as extreme cases where both players SD often or make repeated mistakes. I've had to increase the bar on the skill level because of the high volume of friend requests I've gotten, and the Wii U has a limit to how many friends you can have. So this adds to the reasons why I have to be more selective, which makes things take longer, which makes me have to save replays more often than doing purely live commentary.

I don't just want to put all of the matches I host or play up, you'd get a lot of crap and I do not intend to flood my subscribers with crap. :p Also, the amount of time it can take to get 2 evenly matched players together can be so long that doing live commentary doesn't make sense on some nights. Instead, I can save up a few matches to commentate at once.

Last edited:

Conda

Because I watched the same matches over again without knowing it.
Oh. How did that happen? I've not ever commentated a match twice and uploaded it twice. Maybe you clicked the video twice without realising? If that is something I can prevent, let me know. :)

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Oh. How did that happen? I've not ever commentated a match twice and uploaded it twice. Maybe you clicked the video twice without realising? If that is something I can prevent, let me know. :)
Nono, not talking about your videos. My first post was a reply to the OP. I thought when you (you, as in everyone) spectated matches in Smash you were watching live matches and not replays.

Last edited:

Conda

Nono, not talking about your videos. My first post was a reply to the OP. I thought when you (you, as in everyone) spectated matches in Smash you were watching live matches and not replays.
Oh haha. Yeah theyre replays, multiple people spectating a natch would make it SUPER laggy for the players.

Top Bottom