• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why not just use Zelda/Sheik Together?

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Everyday I hear people talking about Sheiks lack of KO Power, well a simple solution to this is just to change to Zelda and do a Smash Attack. I've been fighting this way for a couple days now and I its almost as if I can't lose, with Sheiks high dps and Zelda's KO powers make for ownage.

Discuss.

Drephen

Smash Master
actually if we can find a easy way to transform without getting punished for it, changing from shiek to zelda seems like an okay strategy in this game

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
KK, then what was the verdict? And Btw lock and delete this thread if it really was already discussed.
basically, you're right, and as a Sheik player, I do this every now and then at the proper times. The biggest problem with it however is the lag time that occurs now between transforming, making it somewhat more difficult to transition between the two without being punished.

...personally, i don't think it's THAT bad, but the Wii loading time can be pretty variable at times and thusly screw you over. I've seen discussions on the tactics forum that suggest if you put in two dummy controllers and have one be sheik and one be Zelda, and then kill them off, that transformation time is like 1/3 to 1/2 of what it is usually, since the characters have already been fully loaded to the game...but the practicality of this in a tournament is questionable.

So basically, it's a good idea when it works, but the lagginess of the transfer can cause problems, so most people tend to avoid it. Others however, see the benefits as you do, such as myself, and try to use it when they can to get that KO with greater ease. The problem is that in order to launch them far enough away to allow for an uninterrupted transformation that wont be punished...they normally have to be at a high enough percentage that Sheik would most likely be able to kill someone at anyways.

So yeah...there are the pros and cons as I see them.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
It works MUCH better than KO'ing with Sheik. The argument against this is that you surrender an edgegaurd attempt...but, if you transform right after a down smash when they're at around 100%, there is enough time for even the longest of transform times.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Their is already a thread about this on the second page of the thread list for sheik

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
the only reason i stay as sheik is becuase i dont care about her nerfed ko power she is just fast enough to get some good combo's in and then and nice Air Fsmash work fine

Top Bottom