• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why no Final Smash...? :-(

Best FS idea?

• Total voters

Aadi Lahiri

Smash Rookie
It is understandable that Triple Finish isn't compatible with the new trainer-less system, but I have a few ideas for a Final Smash for Ivysaur that would be better than nothing.
  • Magical Leaf - Ivysaur would spawn and shoot off several dozen homing "leaves" (like Ivysaur's Razor Leaves) that would deal massive combined damage, and severely hinder movement due to being hit repeatedly, but not be a killing move. Ivysaur would be able to move around and attack as soon as the leaves were shot, similar to Pit after using his Final Smash.
  • Energy Ball - Ivysaur would shoot out an extremely fast glowing green ball of energy at the opponent, similar to Lucario's Aura Bomb move, but much quicker and more powerful.
  • Giga Drain - Ivysaur would spin its vines around itself in a dome on the ground and a sphere in the air. If they connect with an opponent, Ivysaur will grab and hold onto the opponent for a set period of time. During that time, the player controlling Ivysaur would then have to mash the A button as fast as they could to damage the opponent and heal themselves as well as charge Solarbeam appreciably. It would deal no knockback, however.
Remember to vote for your favorite idea proposed here!

D

Deleted member

Why? Because Final Smashes aren't a priority right now.

But anyway, here was my idea from another thread:

Ivysaur - Sunny Day. He passively heals himself without having to use Synthesis, and the charge time for Solar Beam is significantly reduced.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
they don't have final smashes because we were unable to code them in.

geno

Smash Apprentice
Even though I don't play with smash balls, I'm really digging this sunny day idea. Giga drain sounds like a cool one as well!

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Honestly, I think Energy Ball will be the closest bet. It's like Ryu using the Shinkuu Hadouken, in my opinion.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Surely it would be Frenzy Plant, being considered the ultimate move? That said I doubt final smashes will make it into the game, it's designed for competitive balancing, and smash balls don't lend well to balancing.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Splitting Pokémon Trainer has caused trouble for Final Smash creation. Rest assured, we're working on it. We don't want to just ignore a malfunction of the game, regardless of whether it's geared toward competitive play or not.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Hi guys, I appreciate your suggestions. Please keep in mind though that we can't create new articles (independently existing objects like projectiles etc) under our current coding restraints, and adding in command grabs is also difficult-to-impossible. Instead, at best we can hijack existing articles or command grabs with a lot of work and ugly coding. Sorry, I know that limits ideas a lot.

Try to think of hand-to-hand (or vine-to-hand) attacks instead, possibly using variations of the GFX he has or common GFX.

**But please remember that this is all hypothetical and in the name of fun brainstorming for now, as we haven't been able to add FS to these guys yet.**

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
How about using pre-existing projectiles just in larger numbers and different movement patterns?

How about recoloring projectiles?

I have three options I'd like to put forwards:

1. Sleep Powder - Releases a bunch of spores and the stage is seen through in a film of spores. The move simply puts every other player to sleep for a while, letting her charge a solar beam or go attacking people.

2. Petal Dance - My personal favourite idea, but hardest to do. Pink re-coloured razor leaves quickly escape and create a maelstrom around Ivysaur; petals may need to do more damage and knock back of course. Could be either be a self centred AOE (llike DK or Luigi's) or a screen covering move.

3. Synthesis - The easiest to make graphics for I'm sure. Ivysaur's bulb glows and then the rest of him sparkles and all damage caused to Ivysaur is gone. Think heart container with invulnerability while healing is in effect? Perhaps a free full solar beam charge built in?

EDIT:

Actually the sunny day idea still works, just brighten the whole stage and everything on it (perhaps with bloom effect if it's available), pull up the super effective text box with 'The sunlight turned harsh'. For the duration Ivysaur can move faster (chlorophyll), slowly regain health? (synthesis), and use an unlimited number of solar beams.

D

Deleted member

Hi guys, I appreciate your suggestions. Please keep in mind though that we can't create new articles (independently existing objects like projectiles etc) under our current coding restraints, and adding in command grabs is also difficult-to-impossible. Instead, at best we can hijack existing articles or command grabs with a lot of work and ugly coding. Sorry, I know that limits ideas a lot.

Would something like my Sunny Day idea be possible to code?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Healing over time is not, but it could probably heal him back to 0% at the start. Altered Solar Beam charge rate or a temporary-infinite-charge might be possible.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I would also say Frenzy Plant. I see Ivysaur planting a couple of vines into the ground, and they become HUGE spiky tentacle-like plants on either side of her that whip around for a few seconds, then go back into the ground, where she then pulls the small vines out. It wouldn't really combo much, like how I see Charizard's Blast Burn capturing people in like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, then exploding, but it would just do one hit that would KO someone real quick, and lingers for a short time to KO more people!

Sea Buoy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-5278-5305
The issue with Frenzy Plant is the correlation. Ivysaur can't learn Frenzy Plant. The Petal Dance idea sounds awesome. My personal input is Leaf Storm in which Ivysaur summons a tornado of leaves (I'm not sure if you can reuse and enlarge Link's rang tornado with razor leaves idk). The tornado can do multiple small damages while either carrying the opponent in an upward direction or lateral direction off the screen.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
I have an idea!!! Revert Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and PokeTrainer back to 1 slot, so that way they have the Final Smash AND keep their down special so they can't switch mid-game. Brawl made it possible to choose which Pokemon you wanted to start as by clicking the specific pokemon from their larger Portrait in the character select screen, so that should be enough for players that want to play as Ivysaur and Squirtle (default could be Charizard.)
Alternatively, if that wouldn't work, I noticed that Dr. Mario has the pills instead of Fireballs. Well, that seems like a second moveset all in one slot! Maybe the same can be done for the Pokemon? Ex: first 6 clicks could be Charizard, the next 6 Ivysaur, the last 6 Squirtle! Then, PokeTrainer, the Final Smash, and their new badass specials could work!!

For Ivysaur's Final Smash, I'd say Solar Beam (if the other one gets removed), or GigaDrain, or Sleep Powder(like Luigi's), or Leaf Storm (I'm not sure if Ivy/Venusaur can learn that,) and for Squirtle/Charizard, I'd say a giant Hydropump/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard and Fire Blast/Blast Burn/Overheat or Dragon Rage(It looked cool in the show against Poliwrath, but who remembers that?) Ideally, I'd love to play with the Evolved Blastoise and Venusaur, but that seems like that would take tons of balancing, etc. I frequently go to Brawl Vault to see if there are any, but they're either seem too small (textures only), they interfere with their current movesets, or too slow. Are there any other sites?

I bet everyone already considered those first two ideas, but it just feels like they would both work. Let me know what you and the wonderful folks who made Project M think of these simple changes, though I'm not sure how long I'll be visiting this site or my email. I go on my Youtube account more, though don't expect much. (https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaPyron)

I gotta say, all of everyone's hard work really shows: I never thought I would see the day when Roy, Marth, Ike, Lucario, and Mewtwo all exist in one game! I love all of the extra costume slots for many of the characters like Link, Dr.Mario, Fox/Falco/Wolf, and the Pokemon.

Top Bottom