• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why no Final Smash...? :-(

Best FS idea?

• Total voters

Aadi Lahiri

Smash Rookie
I understand Triple Finish doesn't work very well for the new separate Pokemon thing in Project M, but there is so much potential for a cool Final Smash for Charizard. There is no shortage of perfectly viable moves from the anime as well as the games, including, but not limited to:
  • Overheat - Would work kinda like Samus' Final Smash, shooting a massive stream of fire horizontally (basically a guaranteed K.O. if it connects), but lowering Charizard's attack power for a short time afterwards.
  • Fire Blast - Charizard would shoot three or so powerful "" shaped blasts of fire horizontally in quick succession.
  • Blast Burn - Would work somewhat like a Smart Bomb explosion or ZSS' Final Smash. Charizard would make a massive and hugely powerful rapidly expanding explosion of flames around itself, but leaving Charizard dazed as if hit by a Deku Nut afterwards.
There are many other possibilities, but I honestly think just about anything would be better than working for the smash ball and getting absolutely nothing out of it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
because the team is prioritizing working on the last remaining characters, balancing the currently released ones and improving the engine over anything that has to do with items and single-player modes... they'll get to it eventually...

Aadi Lahiri

Smash Rookie
because the team is prioritizing working on the last remaining characters, balancing the currently released ones and improving the engine over anything that has to do with items and single-player modes... they'll get to it eventually...
I hardly think a laundry list of unfinished characters is better than a large handful of complete ones. And although the smash ball Is an item, the Final Smash is a move, ergo, it should be treated like one and taken care of along with all other moves when a character is made.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The individual Pokemon literally do not recognize the final smash state when it's supposed to be activated. It's not us being lazy, it's the fact that it would be large endeavor and we've got other priorities. Some accomplishments come randomly in development and happen to take time.

So unless you don't want Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle to be playable...

Aadi Lahiri

Smash Rookie
The individual Pokemon literally do not recognize the final smash state when it's supposed to be activated. It's not us being lazy, it's the fact that it would be large endeavor and we've got other priorities. Some accomplishments come randomly in development and happen to take time.

So unless you don't want Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle to be playable...
Ah. Okay then. Well, anyways, congratulations on an amazing mod. Haven't played any other version of smash since I got project m! :chuckle:

Henry Kage

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0190-0138-2247
It would be really nice if Charizard, as well as Squirtle and Ivysaur had their own Final Smashes. I mean, the Project M team was able to make special down-B moves for all three of them (Fly for Charizard, Spore Bomb for Ivysaur, and Bubble for Squirtle), so hopefully they'll read these forum posts and consider making them 3 have a unique Final smash. I know they're great as they are and I would love to continue playing as them (mainly Charizard and Ivysaur as they are my top two chars), even if they can't give them Final Smashes (which would be awesome), hopefully that doesn't hamper them as playable and such..

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I would, myself, say Blast Burn, but I see it more as Charizard breathes fire onto the ground, and the fire spreads and swirls around forming pillars of fire that capture opponents in just like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, and then it all explodes, sending everyone caught in it away!

WaluigiSilver64

Smash Rookie
I think all three should get a final smash because its really annoying to see a smash ball knowing: "I can't use that..." but im sure that it would be difficult for the people in project M to program this and to figure out a good final smash for all three that would please everyone, also they are probably busy with Roy and alternate costumes, and I hope they are working on getting Kirby, Yoshi, Olimar, Samus, and Ice Climbers in the game as well, so all in all I want them to give Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard final smashes, but I can wait, until they do everything else first.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I would, myself, say Blast Burn, but I see it more as Charizard breathes fire onto the ground, and the fire spreads and swirls around forming pillars of fire that capture opponents in just like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire, and then it all explodes, sending everyone caught in it away!
And I think it would be easier than usual to program in 'cause rather than using all unique animations, you can just use Charizard's downward throw animation, just the part where he breathes on the ground, of course, followed by the Sacred Fire animation, but the explosion is what could be odd, I cannot right now see any explosion that I know of in the game that would match an explosion that would send everyone off and look like it fits with Sacred Fire, being big enough along with, so it could definitely take a bit of programming for that part. And there is how long the Final Smash would last. I am not a programmer, so I don't know how easy programming is, so with all my ideas, it does not look like this would be too terribly easy a Final Smash to program.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
In the rare event that I actually play with Smash Balls on, I actually think it's kind of fun to take the Smash Ball as a Pokemon... just knowing that no one else will get to use it and that it's wasted on them. It's a troll move but a funny one at the same time.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
In the rare event that I actually play with Smash Balls on, I actually think it's kind of fun to take the Smash Ball as a Pokemon... just knowing that no one else will get to use it and that it's wasted on them. It's a troll move but a funny one at the same time.
Yeah, I do that a lot, myself lol.

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
Hello, first I want to congratulate the project and would like to see good charizard, squirtle ivysaur and had his final smash because I use them and I think we all would like to see a final smash each of these characters do you think??

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I think we all want to see a final smash in each of these characters please
Not that I don't agree, certainly, but the thing is, the reason why we don't have Final Smashes for them is because they cannot get around the technical difficulties preventing them from having Final Smashes. It's certainly not a lack of wish on the programmers' parts, and certainly not a lack of imagination for them. It's just that the game has some kind of... Wall, for lack of a better term, that they cannot get past right now, preventing them from being able to make Final Smashes for those three.

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
Not that I don't agree, certainly, but the thing is, the reason why we don't have Final Smashes for them is because they cannot get around the technical difficulties preventing them from having Final Smashes. It's certainly not a lack of wish on the programmers' parts, and certainly not a lack of imagination for them. It's just that the game has some kind of... Wall, for lack of a better term, that they cannot get past right now, preventing them from being able to make Final Smashes for those three.
mmm understand but I guess that is not possible ..? somehow its place you can smash

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
For Final Smashes, Squirtle's could be a giant Hydropump/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard, or better yet summoning the Squirtle Squad, Ivysaurs could be Solar Beam (if the other one gets removed), GigaDrain, Sleep Powder(like Luigi's), Leaf Storm (I'm not sure if Ivy/Venusaur can learn that,) or summoning a Bulbasaur and Venusaur to do some of those or help it in battle, and for Charizard, I'd say Fire Blast(Old and Iconic) Blast Burn (His new signature, probably the best choice) Overheat (it might be too difficult to weaken Charizard for a duration,) or Dragon Rage(It looked cool in the show against Poliwrath, but who remembers that?)

Ideally, I'd love to play with the Evolved Blastoise and Venusaur, but that seems like that would take tons of balancing, etc. I frequently go to Brawl Vault to see if there are any, but they're either seem too small (textures only) or too slow. Are there any other sites?

If Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and PokeTrainer back to 1 slot, they have the Final Smash AND keep their down special so they can't switch mid-game. Brawl made it possible to choose which Pokemon you wanted to start as by clicking the specific pokemon from their larger Portrait in the character select screen, so that should be enough for players that want to play as Ivysaur and Squirtle (default could be Charizard.)
Alternatively, if that wouldn't work, I noticed that Dr. Mario has the pills instead of Fireballs. Well, that seems like a second moveset all in one slot! Maybe the same can be done for the Pokemon? Ex: first 6 clicks could be Charizard, the next 6 Ivysaur, the last 6 Squirtle! Then, PokeTrainer, the Final Smash, and their new badass specials could work!!
Worst case scenario, taunts can also act as moves (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...er&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=ZSS)

I bet everyone already considered those two ideas, but it just feels like they would both work. Let me know what you and the wonderful folks who made Project M think of these simple changes (https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaPyron.) I gotta say, all of everyone's hard work really shows: I never thought I would see the day when Roy, Marth, Ike, Lucario, and Mewtwo all exist in one game! I love all of the extra costume slots for many of the characters like Link, Dr.Mario, Fox/Falco/Wolf, and the Pokemon.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
I think you're ideas are pretty creative OmegaPyron, I also thought that there should be a way of them having a final smash, even if it is shared between them, additionally, I think we should also mind the limitation that they have to work on, that being their inability to create new objects. That being said, I doubt the PMBR aren't working on the issue, it's just that, as has been said a couple times now, they have more important things to work on.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
OOOKKKK dude, chilax....just cause noone replies doesnt mean noone read it. It just means we have nothing more to add ;)
Thanks, but I feel like this could be a simple fix. I bet my idea would work too.
It feels like they have not seen any of this because I haven't got ANY replies from them. I've even sent them messages via smashboards, youtube, email but... it's been a month. I found a few more places to send them though, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
Honestly, just making the FS ball heal them like 50% or something would be a temporary fix that's better than nothing in my opinion, if this is doable... I agree it's annoying when items are on to get an FS and do nothing, although I don't play with items much so this frustration rarely surfaces, and as one user said above I like robbing others of the FS even if I don't get to spew hitboxes all over the screen.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
I think you're ideas are pretty creative OmegaPyron, I also thought that there should be a way of them having a final smash, even if it is shared between them, additionally, I think we should also mind the limitation that they have to work on, that being their inability to create new objects. That being said, I doubt the PMBR aren't working on the issue, it's just that, as has been said a couple times now, they have more important things to work on.
Heh, I appreciate it. I've been spending countless hours putting other peoples textures/movesets/stages/music/portraits on tons of characters,
and because there's so many depressing issues I've come accross, it's taught me what is "easy" to change on Brawl.

I was excited when I first played P:M and saw that, instead of simply replacing textures/PSA's,
they added MORE slots for PKMN, Roy and Mewtwo, rather than do something like remove Ike and Lucario.
I'm sure that if I knew how to do that, I would surely know how to fix this Final Smash issue.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
Honestly, just making the FS ball heal them like 50% or something would be a temporary fix that's better than nothing in my opinion, if this is doable... I agree it's annoying when items are on to get an FS and do nothing, although I don't play with items much so this frustration rarely surfaces, and as one user said above I like robbing others of the FS even if I don't get to spew hitboxes all over the screen.
Well robbing them is all that can be done, right? I'd call it temporarily "banishing" it because you don't actually "steal" anything tangible, just pride.
It's a pain going up against someone like Sonic or Mewtwo when playing as a pokemon while the Final Smashes are present, though.

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
Well I have a solution I wanted to brawl falco in project m then l did was eliminate ouch falco my project folder I run the brawl falco m in the project however I try the pokemon and I did not work .. well you would have to run but could not try anything that works .... and seura nececito help to see that and know why it does not work with pokemon

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Well I have a solution I wanted to brawl falco in project m then l did was eliminate ouch falco my project folder I run the brawl falco m in the project however I try the pokemon and I did not work .. well you would have to run but could not try anything that works .... and seura nececito help to see that and know why it does not work with pokemon
sorry if english is not your native language, but I literaly did not understand a single thing you were trying to say...

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
[Quote = "Mensaje MM3K: 16.830.516, Miembro: 247635"] @ [USER = 243861] Francisco Pineda [/ USUARIO] hablas español? Cual Es Tu Problema? [/ Quote]

Siii Por Fin Alguien Que habla español .. jejeje lo Ciento por mi pésimo ingles jeje y bueno, yo queria el falco del reyerta .... y el Proyecto m de Como ya SABEN es el del bien cuerpo a cuerpo FUE Que Lo Que Hice Borre la Carpeta falco Milla de los Proyectos de Como Resultado me quedo el falco del reyerta ... Ahora Bien intente lo Mismo Con Los pokemos Para Qué tubieras no lo però aplastar Único Que Cambia Hijo los MOVIMIENTOS Y Aun aplastar Pecado siguen, Tengo claro Que Siempre seguirían juntos Pero es lo de Menos es la Cosa Que Tengan aplastar .. nariz era ESO Lo Que queria Decir

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Como que se te tradujeron, por alguna razón, unas de tus palabras (Ej. "Son" [del verbo ser] a hijo), pero mas o menos entiendo lo que dices, borraste unas carpetas de Falco (?) y de algunos Pokemon y tuviste unos problemas con eso, no? Por eso es recomendable tener una carpeta de respaldo siempre que vallas a cambiar datos importantes.

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
Como que se te tradujeron, por alguna razón, unas de tus palabras (Ej. "Son" [del verbo ser] a hijo), pero mas o menos entiendo lo que dices, borraste unas carpetas de Falco (?) y de algunos Pokemon y tuviste unos problemas con eso, no? Por eso es recomendable tener una carpeta de respaldo siempre que vallas a cambiar datos importantes.
no, no lo que pasa es que un ejemplo: borre la carpeta de falco, ahora bien me quedo el falco del brawl no se podria hacer lo mismo con los pokemones.. ? para que queden como los del brawl asi con final smash...??

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Ah, creo que tendrias que borrar las siguientes carpetas: PokeTrainer, PokeZenigame, PokeFushigisou, PokeLizardon. A lo mejor escribi mal uno de ellos, pero no por mucho, asi no deberias tener problema en encontrarlos.

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
Ah, creo que tendrias que borrar las siguientes carpetas: PokeTrainer, PokeZenigame, PokeFushigisou, PokeLizardon. A lo mejor escribi mal uno de ellos, pero no por mucho, asi no deberias tener problema en encontrarlos.
Ahí viene el problema es que ya las elimine pero siempre quedan igual sin final smash solo cambian movimientos pero no en final smash no comprendo el porque

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Debe ser por que los progamaron para que de ninguna manera, puedan ser usados. No me sorprende, por que antes de 3.0 programaron una manera para que no pudieras acceder personajes no disponibles (Olimar, Samus, Ets.). Lo siento pero no se si hay algo mas que puedas remover.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Al parecer es algo en lo que estan trabajando, pero no tienen una prioridad tan alta como, por ejemplo, mantener el balance de los personajes, agregar nuevos modos de juego, etc.

Pero quien sabe tal vez nos sorprendan y algo antes de lo que creemos.

Francisco Pineda

Smash Rookie
Al parecer es algo en lo que estan trabajando, pero no tienen una prioridad tan alta como, por ejemplo, mantener el balance de los personajes, agregar nuevos modos de juego, etc.

Pero quien sabe tal vez nos sorprendan y algo antes de lo que creemos.
Eso espero MM3K porque si me encantaría ver sus final smash jeje

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Estoy seguro se les va a ocurrir algo chingon:p

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
@ the Spanish conversation

I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark here and hope I was following the conversation correctly but I think it's because a code in the .gct prohibits all three of the Pokemon from being allowed to get into their Final Smash state. Deleting their files to revert them to Brawl status isn't going to fix that I think.

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Yep, that's the answer he was looking for, I think, hope he understands it though, if not, here goes my translation:

[...] creo que es debido a un codigo en el .gct que prohibe a los tres Pokemon en entrar su estado de Final Smash. Borrar sus datos para revertirlos a su version de Brawl no creo arregle eso.

Top Bottom