• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Melee??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Okay guys, this is just one quick question that will get everyone hating the heck out of me... But I'm not afraid to say this...

"I LIKE BRAWL MORE THAN MELEE"

Yup, that's right...

Why do you guys like melee more than Brawl? Brawl has more characters, more gamemodes, better graphics, and although I've played melee I still believe its not that different to Brawl gameplay...

Brawl has better animations and its much better to play than melee.

DownWitDaWaveDash

Smash Apprentice
-Brawl is slow
-Brawls shield is so OP
-Brawl has longer loading
-There is a delay on brawls 'pause' function (lol why?)
-There is a pivot grab mechanic that punishes you for trying to pivot grab with tripping
-Tier list is supreme, with link being so **** ... just so ****... why is link so ****? if link is your main you can't like brawl lol :<
-Tornado, and Drill from metaknight
-Limited control
-Jab lock infinites (bull****)
-DI is really strong
-Airdodge out of hit stun, combos don't exist, only lucky strings

The graphics are better, items matches are awesome, 4p Free for all is great, AND its necessary for project m! Just because of that, Brawl is better than melee.

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
I like every Smash because it has different mechanics to learn :p

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Originally it was the characters for me. I was working my ass off saving for a Wii in my early teens just for Brawl, then I find out Mewtwo's not in it and I don't like Lucario. (He wasn't a replacement/clone anyway, M2 was gonna be in the game but was unfinished)

I dropped most of my hype when M2 and Roy were getting taken out and bought a 360 instead. Brawl has more characters, but more doesn't equal better. I love Wolf but I still miss M2 and Roy, thankfully they're in PM though.

Kati

Smash Lord
Every character I enjoyed playing in 64 and melee became so bad in brawl. I enjoy getting better as a player, not trading ability for pretty graphics. The speed of melee converted me from 64, and yet brawl is slower than the latter. :(

Shane Lee Shin

Smash Apprentice
For me, brawl was a disappointment to my expectations. 64 was pretty nice, had a good vibe to it gameplay-wise, melee turned that gameplay all the way up and brawl... turned it down... It's called "brawl," i felt that the gameplay was supposed to be hardcore... instead it was the exact opposite...

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Locking this before it inevitably turns to a wild fire. It's fine to like Brawl more than Melee, and it's fine to like Melee more than Brawl. No one is actually right or wrong, and it just depends on which game they prefer to play. Some people even like both!

This topic has been tried time and time again, and every time it turns ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom