• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why Luigi is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotshotScott0007

Smash Cadet
hey i main bowser but i am trying to decide upon few other mains so as to keep opponents guessing i will be going to each character community and asking why that player is good and what is good about them and also what is bad about them please tell me why i should (or shouldn't) consider luigi as my main. all input would be appreciated but the more detail the better

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Well first I recommend you to read the Luigi guide, it will kind of solve your question a bit lol. Anyways, if you like balanced characters and with early kill potentials Luigi is an awesome choice. He has a lot of priority (not insane priority like MK) but he has it nonetheless. He is a floaty character so if you don't like floaty characters well luigi is not for you. As with many characters Luigi requires a lot of practice so you'll know if you like a characters style after playing around for a while. That's kind of what Hylian is doing lol.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Eh another repeated one. I should really get this Q&A started. Copy and pasted cus I'm lazy

I think of Luigi as a aerial offensive but in reality, he's a balanced character because he fights differently accordily to whom hes fighting (close, sword, projectile user).

Luigi isn't one of those character's that you just pick up and already mastered him. Like every other character, he has to be well praticed, dedicated. He could take days or even months if you want to reach his full potential. A character like him a full potential is very deadly.

Luigi's power lies in his aerial game. He can fit 2 aerials in one short hop. He can string and/or connect his attacks easily. He can rack up damage at lower %s as quick as sonic's speed. His utilt lets him give you a quick 30% right off the bat, even more against fastfallers/heavy weights. He has ok ground game, but it mostly lies in aerial game.

He has alot of kill moves and some of them can kill at pretty low %s His Fsmash and shoryuken can fairly low %s. His Nair, Bair, dsmash,upsmash, arre his other main kill moves.

What Luigi lacks is really, his range, low priority on some moves, very floaty, he lacks the air mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom