• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lucario? Why not?

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
I choose lucario because...

His Aura ability makes him a combo king at low damage and a speedy powershot when he is at high damge

Perfect balance of speed and power

insane air combat

good range on smash attacks

Browny

Smash Hater
I havent liked, let alone played a pokemon games for about 6 years now. Instant i saw the first pics of lucario in brawl, first i heard of him, instant main. He just looks so badass. Keeps the general anthropomorphism of the original ultimate pokemon (mewtwo) which always makes for interesting characters, fights with his own style of martial arts, glows blue as he gets stronger, and has an awesome VA.

Then i played him in my first 4vs4 game of imported japanese brawl, and won. Havent moved from him since :p

Milln

Smash Champion
(Paraphrased from the Main topic)

Lucario uses "Aura",which is basically blue flames, which is instant-awesome.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
I just use Lucario because I found him badass in Shoddy Battle. He made one hell of a Subrevver on my team, lol.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I tried to main Mewtwo in Melee, so he had a very familiar feeling to him when I picked him up in Brawl. Plus he's a nice contrasting secondary to my main (Meta Knight) so I really like him.

ScottSadistic

Smash Journeyman
I just use Lucario because I found him badass in Shoddy Battle. He made one hell of a Subrevver on my team, lol.

haha yeah. i used him on wifi pkmn batles to. little did i know his badassness when i got him. i raised him straight out of a Riolu egg. when he evolved and got his moves, he was just plain badass. he was one of my first party members. i am really picky about my team, so he was the 4th or 5th on my team b/c well, i only had 3 or 4 on my team when i got him. XD

Hyprodimus Prime

Smash Cadet
I play Lucario because hes furry, cute, uses martial arts and is serious, completely unlike some Italian Plumbers I know.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Lucario. . .

is NOT. . .

MEWWWWWTWWWOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

[/insanity]

I main Lucario because I'm an aerial person and he's an air combo character.
Because Lucario has a graceful jump (I mean the technical qualities of its floatiness; although the style is a bonus).
Because his taunts/attack sounds are awesome. :chuckle:

Now, if I step outside myself for a moment, I might notice it could have something to do with the really fast dodge, and the strong throws. I likes me a good throw attack, and a quick dodge makes more sense to me.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
I'm a fan of his aerial game. He's also a nice contrast to playing with Ike

ehwatever

Smash Rookie
i picked up lucario because of his comeback capabilities. that and he is so much fun to play with. air combos, or occasional forward b in the air always keep my opponents guessing

Top Bottom