• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lucario is the best character

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
1)He's a pokemon, and he isn't horrible.
2) The range on his forward smash is =-)

3) All the videos I've seen of him, he's won (both of them)

4) He is supposed to be a tricky to use character and involve a lot of practice. But the best chars in melee were the ones you had to practice with to, so he's gonna be deadly.

5) His name sounds cool

And he's a pokemon.. he could have looked better and had more colors/costumes, but whatever. Lucario is amazing.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
Um, okay?

No real explanation to how he's the best character but just opinions, but okay...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wouldn't say that Lucario is the best fighter, but when that handicap kicks in, Lucario can deal some heavy damage before going down.

I have witnessed that when Lucario has 170%+ damage, it could KO Wario when his damage exceeds 125%.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
See now...even at 170% KOing Wario at 120 isn't even all that impressive. Lucas can KO Wario at about 100 with his Fsmash.

Personally, I think Lucario should have been just a little bit stronger to begin with.

Also, I expected this topic to be useless and funny, but I was disappointed to find that it's not even funny...:(

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
See now...even at 170% KOing Wario at 120 isn't even all that impressive. Lucas can KO Wario at about 100 with his Fsmash.

Personally, I think Lucario should have been just a little bit stronger to begin with.

Also, I expected this topic to be useless and funny, but I was disappointed to find that it's not even funny...:(
cosigned...

shadowfox2769

Smash Rookie
lucario is what mewtwo should have been in melee
he os awesome because he has good range with smashes
a counter (former marth user)
good air game
fast air and tilts

and of course the aura is bad ***

way to make a good character who only gets better the more damage he takes =-D

templar rage

Smash Cadet
Even though i'm maining Pit and Diddy, who can deny that Lucario is quite a cool character? he will be pretty good, considering he can wall cling and has the Aura ability.
See, this is what you should have posted, actual reasons why Lucario is the best character. The only reason you gave was his Fsmash range, which is godly. More actual reasons.

RedSteel

Smash Rookie
I haven't had the opportunity to use this character yet [and I intend to possibly main him], I have watched several videos of this character. Some people were considering him "lower tier" [yes, I know tiers do not exist, trying to establish a point], but from what I have seen, in the right hands, he could be a devastating and underused character! Lucario is one of those characters that when picked up, not many will ultimately find him appealing at first, but when practiced with, it seems he could be one of the main forces you see often.

Just from what I have read, his projectile is not horrible, he increases in power the further his damage rises [and I am not sure if range is on that as well], as well he is not a slow character. Give it a couple months for someone to devise a good combination strategy for him, and I think you will see an emerging force on the horizon.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA

ok

cosigned...
ty

See, this is what you should have posted, actual reasons why Lucario is the best character. The only reason you gave was his Fsmash range, which is godly. More actual reasons.
if you don't like it

wow, what an intelligent thread
then don't post here..

EDIT: To redsteel: yes, I haven't played with him either, and I wish I could have. his little mew2 shadow ball imitation is ok, it could have been stronger though.

He really looks like an interesting character, and could be capable of some nice comebacks, een though when some people talk about damaging him first before fighting, that doesn't make sense.

He's fast, his down air is strong. idk, no one knows who the best characters are right now..

RedSteel

Smash Rookie
Straight, I did start using him, both against computer and online, and I have to say he is not bad at all. Lucario is DEFINTELY a character you need to practice with. I first used him in a four man brawl and though I did fairly good, I did not stand up against the force of Ike, Snake, and Wolf. So, I practiced with him for about ten hours, trying his moves and different ways to use him, then went online again and won eleven times in a row using him. One or two, even three in a row would have been luck, but eleven matches in a row proves that he is quite capable of doing some good damage. His only flaw is, he needs to be slightly heavier to get a full advantage on his power boost with percentage. It's not hard to use it as you get higher in percentage, but if your facing an Ike, a skilled Snake, or anyone like that, you may not get a chance to fully utilize his power.

Overall though, asides Fox who is my new main, this character is definitely being used a lot of the time. His flaws do not out weigh his advantages in my opinion.

plato2

Smash Rookie
He is Good but not the best

I played as him since the first night when we unlocked him he would be a main if his smash moves were a little quicker. They pack a good punch but for a char who has a few really good combo moves and spammable attacks his smashes are slow. But still with a lot of practice this character can be really hard to kill especially since he gets stronger and stronger the more % you have.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
Sadly by your logic Mewtwo should be the best character in Melee. But clearly that was not the case.

Top Bottom