• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why isn't my Wii LAN adapter giving me better Internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbytatsu

Smash Rookie
So I got a Wii lan adapter this morning so i can play sm4sh online better, but it didn't seem to improve my internet connectivity. :( the adapter works, as my Wii U read it successfully. does anyone know what the issue could be?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Welcome! For future reference, questions on online play should be placed in the Online Discussion board.

Using a LAN adapter isn't a magic fix that will make your connection better just like that. Connection quality depends on a lot of things, like your ping time, and the distance between you and your opponent. Go here and test your connection; if your ping is over 70-80ms, your connection quality is going to feel poor with or without a LAN adapter. If it's not that, the problem may be your opponents' connections, or the distance between you is too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom