• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is this game rated E-10 and not T?

Raijinken

Smash Master
In Kid Icarus Uprising, you can rotate the idols you collect any way you want, except for the idols that had potential panty shots. It was intentionally and individually programmed in. I wonder if the new Smash also have this feature.
Unlikely, at least in Brawl, the princesses and Lyn were not immune to close analysis.

We'll see, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
In Kid Icarus Uprising, you can rotate the idols you collect any way you want, except for the idols that had potential panty shots. It was intentionally and individually programmed in. I wonder if the new Smash also have this feature.
Brawl had very few panty shots in trophies.

UMVC3 had no panty shot for Jill in RE3 alt.

Not exactly new.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Melee had that too, and Brawl didn't, but if you moved the camera to look underneath a character with potential shots of that nature (like for example Peach), it'd just censor under her skirt by making it dark and having her legs disappear mid-way in the darkness of the skirt.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Maybe it's easier to get everything? :awesome::awesome::awesome:

After all, I'm not getting this game just for it to be hard to get stuff thus resulting in me screaming my head off like I'm demonically possessed.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Peace Walker was rated T despite having fanservice on the level of this game(including an implied gay option), M rated swearing(not tame words like bas*¨*rd, words like bull****) electric torture, among other things.

Not happening unless they insanely censored it.
I apologize if this strays the topic, but it pisses me off when people state or imply that gayness requires a higher rating than similar straight interactions. I sincerely hope that you weren't implying this.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
E10 and up and so many panty shots. Yay for ESRB. Although seriosly I think E10+ is an ok rating but seriosly you can look up girls skirts and there's ZSS alt (not that I have a problem with it)

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Honestly, there's very little about Smash that is malicious though. I think the E10+ rating is perfectly sensible. Brawl had some darker and slightly gorier moments and thus got rated for it. But I haven't seen any reason thus far to justify a similar rating for Smash 3DS and Wii U.

Yeah, so you can see girls in their underwear and check out the disproportionately high number of shapely asses (both male and female) but is it getting thrown in your face? Is it depicted in a sexual manner? Doesn't seem like it to me. The rating seems reasonable.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I apologize if this strays the topic, but it pisses me off when people state or imply that gayness requires a higher rating than similar straight interactions. I sincerely hope that you weren't implying this.
I wasn't, my apologies. I just mentioned it's existence. It's an extremely short part in an optional bonus mission that most would trigger by accident, if anything. I personally don't think that a part lasting 10 seconds would bump a rating.

Again, sorry for pissing you off unwillingly.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I think they would only do that for the Viridi/Ashley trophy's... But who know's the game is made by sakurai *sigh*

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
The thing about panty shots is that you would need to go out of your way looking for them to see any, which I highly doubt anybody under 10 would do.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I doubt they'd even bother with it, all they can think about is playing as their favorite characters, I remember when Melee came out I was yeah I get to be Bowser, of course that was the game with the naughty trophies, especially bad Peach, however even when me and friend found this, I didn't care and he just laughed, probably cause he thought it was kind of silly

Besides why would I want look at these trophies in awkward ways when I rather be looking at Madison Rayne, which of course is my avatar.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Lol, I love how this discussion has shifted to panty shots.
If they really did program the trophy model viewer to make it impossible to look up the skirts of models wearing them, (like they apparently did in Kid Icarus Uprising XD) I could see them make a ton of money selling amiibo versions of those figures that people would buy just to finally be able to look at their panties.

Anyway, its been like,6 years since Brawl, was E 10+ even a thing back then?
Skyward sword got rated M in Australia, at least the ESRB isn't that uptight.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
"DakotaBonez, post: 17498872, member: 211926"]Lol, I love how this discussion has shifted to panty shots.
If they really did program the trophy model viewer to make it impossible to look up the skirts of models wearing them, (like they apparently did in Kid Icarus Uprising XD) I could see them make a ton of money selling amiibo versions of those figures that people would buy just to finally be able to look at their panties.

Anyway, its been like,6 years since Brawl, was E 10+ even a thing back then?
Skyward sword got rated M in Australia, at least the ESRB isn't that uptight.
The E10+ rating was made after Melee was created. Donkey Konga might of been the first game with that rating

Top Bottom