• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is the Brawl Link left handed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
I did a forum search, so if this has been mentioned already I'm sorry.

This is suppose to be the TP version of Link, and yet in all of the official Brawl pictures he is left handed. The TP Link is right handed. Very minor detail, but do you think it was done on purpose to make those happy that were angry about Link changing his sword hand? Or perhaps another reason?

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Link is left handed in the GC version of TP. the wii verion would have had him left handed too, but Nintendo decided to mirror the game.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Well when they had people trying out TP they noticed that they were using their right hands to swing the sword/aim. SO they mirrored the game so it wouldn't seem ackward. (personally I didn't really see the problem)

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
Link is a Lefty in every Zelda game as well as the two Smash bros games, Brawls Bridge of Eldin stage is based off of the Gamecube version of TP (the background layout is from the cubes version not the wii's)

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
I think they mirrored it so that playing it on the Wii would feel the same as if you playing on the GC. Think of it this way: Your playing TP on the GC. An enemy comes to your left so you cant hit it with your right hand. Let's also say that there is a wall on the left so you can not move to the left. In this case you can't attack your enemy. If they were to reverse the world then that can not happen.

This is probably hard to understand (being that I wrote it kinda weird) but I hope you get what I am talking about. If anyone can make a shorter easier to understand version of what I just said then please do.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh see I did not know that Link remained left handed in the GC version. That would be the best answer I have seen so far.

Thanks for the clarification.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I did a forum search, so if this has been mentioned already I'm sorry.

This is suppose to be the TP version of Link, and yet in all of the official Brawl pictures he is left handed. The TP Link is right handed. Very minor detail, but do you think it was done on purpose to make those happy that were angry about Link changing his sword hand? Or perhaps another reason?
the only reason link was a righty in tp was because the wii-mote goes in the right hand. In everyother zelda game he has been a lefty. So its not a permenant change, and he will probably stay a lefty.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
I already knew he was a lefty in all the other games, and I knew why they changed it for the Wii version. I was unsure as to why he was left handed in Brawl since this IS SUPPOSE to be the TP Link, but Link being left handed in the GC version clears up that mystery.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Fact: Link is left-handed in every Zelda game except the Wii version of Twilight Princess
Conclusion: One version of Twilight Princess is the 'standard' version. One is not.
Fact: New Hylian, the script used in Twilight Princess, is based on the Latin alphabet.
Fact: In the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess, New Hylian reads from left to right, top to bottom, just like the latin alphabet.
Conclusion: The Gamecube version of Twilight Princess is the standard. Thus, Twilight Princess Link is still left-handed.

This, along with the fact that Link has always been left-handed, and the fact that the Bridge of Eldin is oriented like the GC version of the game mean that Link would have to be left-handed in Brawl.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Link is a lefty, most people using the Wii are righties, so Nintendo mirrored it. Uhhh... why is it important anyway?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
looks like your question was answered, if this stays open any longer it will result in a "link games discussion" thread, which isn't what these forums are for

*bowser fsmash*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom