• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is PT universally considered to be terrible?

Elliot Gale

Smash Ace
Onxy, you're silly. Charizard's up and down tilts are great, as are his aerials except like Nair. Dsmash is a great roll punisher. Usmash is one of PT's most reliable KO options.

Onxy

Smash Lord
@ Elliot: Dtilt is great, but his other tilts.. not so much. Dsmash is ok, but it only works when they're the ground, Usmash is good, but the second wing can miss, which is annoying. His smashes aren't bad, as I made them out to be, only ok.

@ Reflex: Those are really bad match-ups, and yes I've fought against Dededes and Falcos, and it isn't fun. You have to have a good grab range to easily grab a well-spaced Ivy. As for the Squirtle chaingrab, anyone who can pick up Squirtle when they grab him, can do it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
@ Reflex: Those are really bad match-ups, and yes I've fought against Dededes and Falcos, and it isn't fun. You have to have a good grab range to easily grab a well-spaced Ivy. As for the Squirtle chaingrab, anyone who can pick up Squirtle when they grab him, can do it.
Presumably, a chaingrab of that nature only works in a grab release where they're not hitting you. If you're attempting to break out correctly, then they shouldn't be able to get a single grab hit in without either Squirtle breaking out or being at a percentage where Squirtle should die anyway. I have no problems shaking out at 110% or so that way.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Squirtle is a good character, its just that some of us see him veryyy bad because hes light, grabreleasing-infinitable( lol that will never be a word) poor ranged and lacks a proyectile, but the little ninja turtle still has a lot going for him... but anyway, this is not the "squirtle doesnt suck" thread
But anyway, a grab release is not something that says anything about the grabreleaser skill level, and really puts on a bad situation the grabreleased, shouldnt that be forbbiden???
Charizard has a very good game overall, his only move i can think about as sucky is maybe the nair or the uthrow, and has very good weight and recovery, so lives very longer, which is some reward for being easily comboed and juggled

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's true. Pokemon Trainer, does have a long way to go. He is a great character, he's fun to play as(depending on who you are), not to mention his play style is unique. Though due to his flaws and disadvantages against some characters, he isn't quite ready yet for people to realise his full potential until PT users like us have developed our fighting styles with him and actually become successful. (no i'm not talking about 1st place in tournies but close enough to that).

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
Getting 1st place with Pokemon Trainer would be amazing.

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
LOL, awesome avatar Reflex. XD

And Trip, you're my friend now...because Reborn is the ****. Especially Hibari. (And Lambo. >_>)
Oh hell yes. I love reborn. And LAmbo? Oh baby!! I have a lambo sig and avatar on the way. I was actually going to use Lambo as my brawl tag but I trip way to much so my friends started calling me trip.

You gotta respect the Hibari or he will Bite you dead. =p

Trip.

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, where do you live Adriel? I live in Rancho Cucamonga. If you are close enough maybe we can carpool. I should have at least one other person going with me too so makes the gas spilt cheaper.

Top Bottom