• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is no life wavedashing considered hard

Acryte

Smash Ace
OP forgot [Serious Topic] tag for thread title and delivered underwhelmingly :(

comfygoth

Smash Rookie
It's when you roll to the very edge of a stage, and wavedash back and fast fall to grab ledge, it's considered very hard, as stated by players such as cactaur
To do anything super consistently could be considered difficult, but in the case of "no life wavedashing" I can imagine it is probably easier to do with some characters than others which might make it harder to do consistently with Fox than say Ganondorf. Either way it is just about effort and getting the timing down. Also, a lot of pros will say something is hard to make people who suck like me not feel bad for messing it up repeatedly.

weegee the green wonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
hamby1
3DS FC
0232-9266-0923
To do anything super consistently could be considered difficult, but in the case of "no life wavedashing" I can imagine it is probably easier to do with some characters than others which might make it harder to do consistently with Fox than say Ganondorf. Either way it is just about effort and getting the timing down. Also, a lot of pros will say something is hard to make people who suck like me not feel bad for messing it up repeatedly.
Lol that is true, but I was just a little baffled by hearing it was hard cuz it's really not

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's when you roll to the very edge of a stage, and wavedash back and fast fall to grab ledge, it's considered very hard, as stated by players such as cactaur
Visually, when you press down and let go should be pretty much right before you leave the stage. It honestly feels to me like it's slightly buffered but I'm not sure.

Since you're a ouija main, your "no life" wavedashing should be perfect wd into instant dash shieldstop, and react immediately oos. This is the best way to control his movement and practically utilize his speed. So far I've only seen Blea Gelo use this well. You can react immediately oos by hitting R and c-up at almost the same time. It takes practice to get aerials out but it's worth it, this allows for much more precise wavedashes and spacing of aerials.

Top Bottom