• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why is it...?

guy_in_oakland

Smash Cadet
whenever you and a friend are versing each other(offline or online)and either one of you make a mistake and are down a stock suddenly you become unstoppable for the duration and make the stock tied again,then you start to suck again.why does this always seem to happen?:confused:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
You fail, get angry, get a ko, then become so enraged that you make stupid decisions, and get ko'd again, and lose.
You then start the next match annoyed, and a vicious circle is formed

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh. I know why this happens then.

The Fight Is On.
You can't defeat me.
You're not ready yet.
Hiyayayaya.
All troops move out.

Afropony

Smash Lord
I do this to my friend all the time but usually I'm already one stock ahead of him. I remember reading somewhere that after you lose a stock the person you are fighting will usually lose a stock in the next 20 seconds.
I also play as Pit...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yeah- it's when he uses Palutena's army.

Others I forgot.
Great Palutena.
Victory is ours.

There's another one he says when he dies, but I can't remember it.

In conclusion, you should stay focused while fighting, and shouldn't get angry when you are 1 stock to 2. If you get angry, you become predictable, and make rash decisions. You should keep focused, and fight as if you are winning comfortably, and you only have to get a couple more hits to finish off you're opponent. Don't get disheartened if you are losing, keep fighting, and if necessary, change your tactics a bit.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
He sometimes mumbles I'm Finished when he dies...
I think...

Yeaah, this is just like the feeling where you pull off a move in an awesome time, then you keep trying to do it but miss.

Simply put, don't get angry when you miss, it'll ruin your chances of winning.

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
You know this always happens to me. Somebody will kill me and then i'll combo my opponent to death and tie it all up again. I think it's because i'm more determined to tie it back up, but then when its a tie i just start sucking. -_-

Top Bottom