• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Fox's recovery SO bad? (STOP POSTING ON THIS)

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
To be honest his recovery is just barely better than Mac's.

You can be aiming whatever direction you want for the up special but in the end you're always gonna go the wrong way, it's so annoying.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Fox's recovery has been the best it's ever been. His Side B doesn't put him in helpless so you can do both Side B and Up B per air time.

Get better.

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
Fox's recovery has been the best it's ever been. His Side B doesn't put him in helpless so you can do both Side B and Up B per air time.

Get better.
You could've have said something like "You just gotta practice a bit more" but no you straight up go there and say "get better"

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
"going the wrong way" != bad

You can fly the wrong way with Jigglypuff and die. Is her recovery bad just because you can't control her?

You could've have said something like "You just gotta practice a bit more" but no you straight up go there and say "get better"
Lool, well it sounds like you already know the answer to your problem: practice the angles of his recovery. The 3DS circle pad might not be the best, but that doesn't mean it's unusable. Even then, Wii U is released in less than 24 hours. You'll be able to use a GC controller with a better control stick. No johns.

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
"going the wrong way" != bad

You can fly the wrong way with Jigglypuff and die. Is her recovery bad just because you can't control her?

Lool, well it sounds like you already know the answer to your problem: practice the angles of his recovery. The 3DS circle pad might not be the best, but that doesn't mean it's unusable. Even then, Wii U is released in less than 24 hours. You'll be able to use a GC controller with a better control stick. No johns.
I have only used a GC controller once but I still got the controller and adapter bundle so hopefully it wont be ****e then

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I have only used a GC controller once but I still got the controller and adapter bundle so hopefully it wont be ****e then
It's better than the circle pad, IMO, just because the shell of the stick is an octagonal shape. You can tell which way you're angling it better.

M@v

Subarashii!
Foxs recovery in this iteration is either the best or second best its been...you can argue brawl is better because of the fact you could shine stall, and you could still illusion cancel in that version too.

...but the fact you can act out of side b is just waaaaay too good. I'll gladly give up the ability to cancel side b to get that.

RPK

Smash Lord
I wanna say that Brawl has the best recovery because of Fox's ability to shine stall, Fair giving you a ridiculously large boost to your jump, and the ability to shorten the illusion. Other than that, the ability to act out of side B? Pretty damn good

jr22

Smash Apprentice
come on dude, fox side b doesn't puts him in a free fall anymore and fire fox after it. his recovery is stupid good

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
You are all right it is good, this was just a really salty/ragey post I made after doing diagonal up specials instead of directly up ones, idk how to close the thread so if an admin can do that it'd be great.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
It's better than it was. It's certainly not the best recovery in the game but it's not bad either. I'd say it's good-great.

Last edited:

Turbopasta

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this is a troll thread but yeah, Fox's recovery is one of the best in the game. You shouldn't ever get killed as Fox because you couldn't make it to the edge, the only time this really happens is if you get Falcon knee'd away during recovery or something.

He also has a walljump. Because options.

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is a troll thread but yeah, Fox's recovery is one of the best in the game. You shouldn't ever get killed as Fox because you couldn't make it to the edge, the only time this really happens is if you get Falcon knee'd away during recovery or something.

He also has a walljump. Because options.
Can you please read the posts and see how I stated I was wrong and this was just a rage post and I told everyone to stop commenting on it.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Is this thread a joke. Probably the best recovery period...now it combos two recoveries in one? Plus not to mention the new ledge mechanics.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
This is definitely a troll topic. Fox has some amazing recovery. Unfortunately, he is still really bad in Smash 4 though. :(

jr22

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, he is still really bad in Smash 4 though. :(
Fox isn't bad in smash 4, he's actually pretty good in and he's never been bad in any smash game either. Sure he had some nerfs like he can't shdl anymore, fair doesn't gives him a verticle boost and no more shine stalling; but he still does some serious damage, he has reliable kill setups, Nair, jab, Utilt and dash attack link to each other pretty easy until at least 50%. He also has some new stuff in game like pivot ftilt, an fair spike that can set up for an ftilt lock, and his side b can combo into uair and bair at high percentages with no problem. Chaingrabs now gone which means doesn't get completely destroyed by pikachu in brawl, it's actually a fair match up now. And fox did seem pretty good in brawl too, he would of been high tier if it wasn't for chaingrabs

Last edited:

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
Fox isn't bad in smash 4, he's actually pretty good in and he's never been bad in any smash game either. Sure he had some nerfs like he can't shdl anymore, fair doesn't gives him a verticle boost and no more shine stalling; but he still does some serious damage, he has reliable kill setups, Nair, jab, Utilt and dash attack link to each other pretty easy until at least 50%. He also has some new stuff in game like pivot ftilt, an fair spike that can set up for an ftilt lock, and his side b can combo into uair and bair at high percentages with no problem. Chaingrabs now gone which means doesn't get completely destroyed by pikachu in brawl, it's actually a fair match up now. And fox did seem pretty good in brawl too, he would of been high tier if it wasn't for chaingrabs
I know he is supposed to be light, but he feels way too light in this game. I feel like he is going to fall out of the ring after like three hits.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
You realize you're being trolled now, right? Stop bumping up the thread if you want it to die.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Fox certainly has a good recovery :p Side B and Up B is better than quite a few other fighters.

Why are you so mad about people continuing to discuss a topic anyway?

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
Fox certainly has a good recovery :p Side B and Up B is better than quite a few other fighters.

Why are you so mad about people continuing to discuss a topic anyway?
Because I've already said this was a salty post and that I was wrong. That's why. But the Smash community has a bunch of *****.

Kaiboiii

Smash Cadet
Why so grumpy mate? :p The Smash community is awesome!
Well everyones just being an asshole to me now by continuing to post on this post when I asked them to stop.
And sorry to be grumpy when everyone continuing to post is basically bullying me.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Well everyones just being an ******* to me now by continuing to post on this post when I asked them to stop.
And sorry to be grumpy when everyone continuing to post is basically bullying me.
I don't really see how posting in a discussion thread about Fox's recovery could possibly be bullying. There's really no malicious intent in any of these posts that I can see.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
come on dude, fox side b doesn't puts him in a free fall anymore and fire fox after it. his recovery is stupid good
I wouldn't call it stupid good. Even with the Side-B -> double jump -> Fire Fox, it's still a very linear recovery with a set path that one can learn and intercept. It's not very flexible in terms of control, the path can be changed but it follows a set trajectory. Does cover a great amount of distance though.

Last edited:

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't call it stupid good. Even with the Side-B -> double jump -> Fire Fox, it's still a very linear recovery with a set path that one can learn and intercept. It's not very flexible in terms of control, the path can be changed but it follows a set trajectory. Does cover a great amount of distance though.
It does have a little bit of freedom in its trajectory though, as you can switch between the double jump before the Side B and the Side B before the double jump. I agree, it's not much, but it still helps a bit with throwing others off.

Top Bottom