• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why is fox better then falco

AirFair

Marth tho
You mean Falco? anyway, Fox has more speed and can spike with shine. He has a great combo game and a lot of options in every scenario, also being one of the most technical.

Personally I prefer the air Falco because of his awesome combo game and laser approaches. His recovery is crap compared to fox tho, so you have to have to be good.

HGF

Smash Cadet
Fox's speed is still a huge factor even if its just a little faster. The way Fox's recovery works also really helps, since Fox's firefox is longer and has a hitbox even before he begins flying.

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
They're roughly even in the neutral game (with falco having a very slight advantage) but fox has better recovery than falco and can do very well on certain stages like pokemon stadium. They're the two best characters in the game and if you ask me, I think falco is the best character in the game for singles, but fox is by far better for doubles. Even in singles, falco's advantage over fox is so small it's really negligible.

HGF

Smash Cadet
I think part of the issue is the gimp game is stronger for fox. One shine out of shield can lead to a edge guard opportunity for fox, while I feel Falco has to work a little harder for even a chance at an edge guard.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah, Fox has a lot of advantages in that, but that doesn't mean Falco can't do anything. He has great combos on Fox, but Falco has to just be precise.

SSS

Smash Ace
They're the same, top 5 characters are about the same, you can win with basically the top 8 characters in the game, basically those 8 are even, Melee is amazing <3

Scrafty

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that was pretty hype. But the best part of Apex '15 for me was definitely PC Chris vs Ken Salty Suite. Wish one of them would've counterpicked Rainbow Cruise or Mute City, though.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Fox ain't better. Falco lasers and D-Airs son! Fox got nothing.

Last edited:

AirFair

Marth tho
Hey it's RayRay! dude I'm gonna be at SIFB on Saturday! hope the turnout is good because of Dime and everything.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Falco vs Fox is as even of a matchup as there is. Fox gets the advantage on the tier list though because he's better versus floaties. Jiggs, Peach, and Samus are all winning matchups for fox. Whereas they are much closer to even matchups for Falco. Falco has no matchups lower than even though, so its not like Falco is being underrated.

AirFair

Marth tho
True. PPMD and Mogwai went deep in that matchup on the stickied thread lol. It's honestly only a tier advantage because of of other matchups imo.

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
Fox has NO bad matchups!
Fox is the only character that can expose this ***** jigglypuff.
Falco struggles slightly in matchups like peach and sheik and can be gimped.
Fox has immense speed and it allows for a pletora of options. Some of this options are garenteed and hit quite hard for example drill shine grab up thorw up air. Or stuff like drill shine up smash.

AirFair

Marth tho
GO AWAY HAX

no but srsly Fox may not have horrible matchups, but that doesn't mean all of his matchups are good. Fox Falco and Fox Marth are both pretty even, and Fox's speed can make him hard to control too. He is also the most technical, making him the hardest to be consistent with

Just saying.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
Fox has NO bad matchups!
Fox is the only character that can expose this ***** jigglypuff.
Falco struggles slightly in matchups like peach and sheik and can be gimped.
Fox has immense speed and it allows for a pletora of options. Some of this options are garenteed and hit quite hard for example drill shine grab up thorw up air. Or stuff like drill shine up smash.
falco has no bad matchups IMO and matchups themselves are kinda like arguable in terms of perception. For instance, I would say falco wins slightly vs fox and marth and that marth slightly beats fox. others would say differently(seriously, theres no good consensus at all levels of play). I also think falco has a slight advantage against puff and peach.

drill shine grab upthrow up air is not guaranteed. neither is drill shine upsmash. the drill can be sdi'd and same with the upair. the upthrow upair works only on certain percents and sometimes is almost frame perfect. shine can sometimes be hard to followup with due to sdi mixups or them going on the ledge. These options while still good are as practically reliable as falco's pillar comboes. waveshine upsmashes on peach are reliable though and you have a good enough window to react even with sdi. SDI killls a lot of both spacies comboes. Infact falco can zero to death almost all the cast with perfectly timed dair shines/uptilt into a finisher(I was testing this in debug mode).

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Sheik being a bad matchup (or even even) vs Falco is kinda a lower level way of thinking. Getting gimped is frustrating, but it comes from getting grabbed by shiek, which is usually a result of unsafe shield pressure. If u watch top level falco's, they barely ever get grabbed, and without that shiek looks abysmal in the neutral.

AirFair

Marth tho
Yeah, I think Falco vs Sheik can be good for Falco if he doesn't get grabbed. m2k himself has said that he believes Falco is the best in the game because of his lasers and range. It's still subjective but at least I know that Fox isn't completely invincible.

Top Bottom