• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Bowser in this game considered to be more "canon"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Because, honestly, it really isn't very canon.

Bowser standing upright isn't canon for him; it's just weird. He's always hunched a little bit over:

And apparently punching is canon for him? He only started punching in one game (and one spinoff). Four games of Ganon using his sword isn't an excuse for him to make all of his moves sword moves; would you want Bowser to punch after precisely one main platformer?

He uses his claws in several games:

So quit saying that Melee/Brawl Bowser is apparently "not canon" because Sakurai changed him now. He was already perfect and now just looks and feels weird.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
He stands, runs, somersaults, and punches in the Galaxy games as well. I can't say anything about 3D World since I haven't gotten around to playing it.

However, that's not the point. What in the world have you been reading to get so bitter? No one on this board has been defacing Melee/Brawl Bowser as "not canon," especially because of when those games were made. You couldn't have read that much "this is canon" on this board, because we rarely talk about this subject (not since 3DS Sm4sh first came out). Other than that, the rest is just your opinion, which is great. I'm just confused as to why you're accusing us of "saying" things. :ohwell:

Last edited:

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Well when you think about it, Luigi's Super Jump Punch (Up B) is only in one game (Super Paper Mario).

Nowhere ever has luigi ever used green fire. In Superstar Saga Luigi used lightning. His and Mario's down B spinny thing can arguably be said to come from Mario SunShine.

Also consider Mario's fiery smash punch attack. That was also only in superstar saga.

When you think about it, Smash Bros. is a spin off title of all the participating characters combined. Their fighting moves which have never before existed in practice before (for example mario's cape has never been used like that) are essentially an interpretation of the character that allows them to participate in a fighting game.

If Bowser punches something in one game, it suits him better to punch stuff and stand upright in his fighting game spin-off. Yoshi received the same upright change as well.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Name one Mario game where Bowser got down on all fours and slid around like a broken minivan.

.....no? Nothing?

While we're at it, name one F-Zero game where Falcon gets out of his car and fights.

...Well then, case dismissed.

Who the hell cares about whether it's canon or not...I can punch and dropkick people in the chest with my favorite princess-kidnapping villainous dragon-turtle thing, and I'm having fun doing it. That's what Smash is all about.

Quillion

Smash Hero
You couldn't have read that much "this is canon" on this board, because we rarely talk about this subject (not since 3DS Sm4sh first came out). :ohwell:
You answered your own question; Bowser's redesign was praised as being more "canon" when it was first revealed.

Also, I don't ****ing care whether the discussion stopped; the discussion happened and that's what matters to me.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ Quillion Quillion Yo, just chill. I'm sorry you feel that way about my question. I intended "saying" to be a present tense, but I should have been clearer with you even if you've already established that you wouldn't have cared. Sadly, the people who started those topics way back in the before times don't even frequent the boards here anymore. Thank you for your time, but there's nothing we can do to help you.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
This conversation isn't going anywhere pretty, and it's going that way real fast. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom