• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I think Ike will remain as he is.

Gill

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people are banking hope on that he will change from the demo to the final release. I don't believe this will happen. You know why? With how SLOW Ike is, you think a team of game developers HAVEN'T noticed it by now? His startup lag is OBNOXIOUSLY obvious, they aren't dummies. The game was near to being released when the demo came out as well, this is how Ike was supposed to be.

Perhaps this game is being made for competitive people, but I don't think it's being made for 1 on 1's. o_O Check the smashdojo's screenshots. There are closeups of pictures with only two characters, but are there any screenshots that show a full screen with only two people playing? It's ALWAYS a four-player free for all. Its been established that Ike rocks in free for alls because he can function in the chaos of everything. Meaning he totally works - but only in free for alls. Which makes me ultimately think the creators will feel he's okay.

I wish Ike wasn't as unbalanced as he is as much as the rest of you, but I think you're fooling yourselves thinking Ike will have a total rehaul. Anything is possible, but I think the chance for this is low.

Watch - He'll either be total crap tier from his lag, or insanely high tier if we learn how to consistently use attacks through super armor.

True Fool

Smash Ace
As it is now, he's the overpowered king of FFA, and the underpowered Dan Hibiki of 1v1. He's unbalanced in both situations. I'm not saying that he'll be changed, just that it should be obvious that he should be changed.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Ike could be a tiny bit faster, otherwise I like his speed. We just have to learn his playing style.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
No offense to Gimpy, but with the amount of characters there were to play as in such a low amount of time no one could possible conclude someone is crap, I mean, it's likely he'll be bad but we need a while with Ike before we conclude that he's hopeless.

ZaeYeL

Smash Cadet
Here again to shove of them newbs! Hah!
Aiight I just want to make this clear, his lag was a delay lag, much like u playing a laggy online game, u make an action but nothing happens for a few seconds. This could be because of poor porting from the original copy to the demo to the demo on the disk for the wii. Maybe poor coding and under estimating what the wii would run him as, any way, he MOST LIKELY will change, and I'll try to show why. Okay so if you're playing some smash, and lets say oh you want to try out Ike! so you pick him. You're battling your buddy right, but you soon realize either your console is running slow or this character sucks, once you learn his moves, you think okay maybe this'll be easier. Yar' try a combo you worked out but you have to time the lagging with when it will collision with the other play. So alot of the times even the best player would combo, in the middle of no where like verse fox, he'd just dodge and sit there laughing at you. Ike would be terribly easy to dodge, and just smack around really, I mean once you use a good disrupting move to set in your damage dealers, he can't do anything. In free for all sure he seems alright, I guess because you'd just be hitting random buttons hoping you survive from a hit so you can pull of your move because of it being intensly slow. Notice when players are playing they look like uber newbs as Ike, they hit the dude, then kinda sit there, maybe get a bit confused and hit a different move missing the other guy on accident. See none of the other characters had this "delay lag", that isn't visible. See the lag isn't visible, unless you take in count the time it takes for anything to happen, so its not visible on videos but is if you are there playing. Any wAY!!!! There was glitches on the demo, you can't say they wanted it to have glitches, I mean really. Sure you could say if they're putting him on the demo you'd think he'd be how they want him. Well many things could of happened, maybe the ported the coding in a hurry of the demo date and just didnt realize what happened. Idk, I just know he WILL BE DIFFERENT, he won't be so slow, almost 99 percent sure!

Gill

Smash Journeyman
Dude, PARAGRAPHS. But yes you did make a lot of sense. I'm hoping that what you said is the case - I hope the error happened with making the demo disc, perhaps they put a wrong version of Ike on the disc or something.

Also, yes, its extremely hard to get around startup lag, because in order to hit somebody with a move that comes out so slow, you practically have to be psychic to know that your target will be in position when it comes out. Ike has it bad as it is, first he has the invisible lag, then the regular animation lag that telegraphs he's about to swing. Its gonna be real hard to hit fast characters.

I'm glad to see people expressing how they will main Ike no matter what. It inspires me further to do just the same.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
If you like Ike enough... as i do... you should Main him for fun.
Hope you have a lot of friends to play with or like online.. cuz free for all seems you best bet..

i plan on maining Ike and MK.. Ike is my first preference cuz of my love of FE and sword users. I saw him and said i was going to main him. I realize i will probably get no where in tournament style play right off the bat... but i really want to play Ike. Things might change ... they might not..

If you wanna main Ike DO IT! Don't let anybody tell you not to cuz he sucks... i have been getting that for months... but hey.. whatever

iron blade

Smash Ace
No one can say he sucks at this point. Even after Brawl comes out, nobody can really say he sucks, because there will be someone who is good as him.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Hope you have a lot of friends to play with or like online.. cuz free for all seems you best bet..

i plan on maining Ike and MK.. Ike is my first preference cuz of my love of FE and sword users. I saw him and said i was going to main him. I realize i will probably get no where in tournament style play right off the bat... but i really want to play Ike. Things might change ... they might not..

If you wanna main Ike DO IT! Don't let anybody tell you not to cuz he sucks... i have been getting that for months... but hey.. whatever
QFT.

I've said it for a long time too, I plan on maining Ike because I freaking love sword users, and Ike just appeals to me. F_W and me seem to think alike, we both plan to main Ike and MK ;p and wanna go pro.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Two things....

1) QFT? what be that

2) F_W ... i think i just found the short name above my character that i will be using while playing Brawl

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
QFT is quoted for truth, and lolo at me creating your tag.

@Xanderous- why is it a load of crap, there's no reason for him not to be sped up, Sakurai likes the heavy characters(or so I've deducted from past dojo stuff), so he probably will be changed at least a little.

Gill

Smash Journeyman

I'm going to try to main him some way or another, but if he remains as slow as he is, I don't think I'm going to stick with him. I want to have 1 on 1 matches with people. I still got hopes for Dedede and Wario too.

Top Bottom