• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I quit online

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
The worst is when a person calls themselves a pro. I ask why they call themselves a pro. They say "I can beat 2 lvl 9s on a team against me". I facepalm.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
ever heard of the term, dont get angery get even? Im fighting a yoshi that thinks hes the ****, yet when it comes down to skill he lacks quite a bit of it. What you need is patients OP, dont worry if they think your ****. As long as YOU are confident in your abilities and as long as you keep your cool. The ownage will come. :)

Kingdrom

Smash Cadet
Ultimately whether you play online or not is up to you. If your goal in brawl is to become a sucessful player, you must play lots of tournaments. If you want to play in as many tournaments as possible, as the real competitive player should, then you will have to learn how to play online. Unless you live in California and or a place where you can find tournaments around your town, you will have to play some ladder matches and practice online against your friends.

Just play against people from competitive brawl websites, and you should be fine. Online is a different format, and if you play with the same mindset as offline, then you WILL lose. Latency may cause a couple of Ike Fsmash kills. Tripping at inconvenient times benefits the nooby Fsmash spammer more than many would like. But it is something to get used to if you play With Anyone or non-competitive players. While online play is flawed due to latency issues, the most dedicated players won't quit online play. So you shouldn't either, unless you have a deep hatred and are very well acquainted.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Ok this thread wasn't about me quitting online. I just used quitting online as a way to introduce the Brawl community into my topic. My topic was the Brawl community becoming comprised of scrubs who think they are pros and try to start online fights (which is one of the stupidest thing ever) by saying o I'll show you how a real "characters name here" plays then you play them and they know nothing about the actual character. I accept the online as a viable way of playing I'm just saying it has a terrible community supporting it.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Wifi is a hell of a lot better than just sitting at home wishing you had a car and playing comps all day. Appreciate wifi for what it is. Sure the milisecond delay can mess you up at times, but seriously... Are you trying to convince other people to stop having fun on wifi? If they/you don't like it, they/you don't have to play it. But we don't need a thread telling us why you don't play wifi.

Wifi > no Wifi

Top Bottom