• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I Play Brawl

-!-

Smash Lord
Melee is growing back in popularity in some areas to be honest. Which is kind of good, considering I've been a competitive Smasher since 2002 with Melee. I've moved on to Brawl too of course, but because there are Melee and Brawl tournaments, I can win money at both =P

The only downside is that I've been focusing more on Brawl recently. I may be a little rusty in Melee.
yea I hear ya, sucky thing too is that sometimes there is a tournament of both games on same day... and some leave out melee or the other way >.< but is good to hear it's growing a little... my friend shiekssbm (dunno if you heard of him) might be interested on some melee tournaments but hes prob really rusty like you... since it's been only brawl since day one... maybe on gigabitz I'll enter melee too hehehe

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I play Brawl because...well it's fun for me. There's also the thing that it's new and I have to fully disect new games, try to learn everything you can. I try all sorts of characters, and my "main" changes about 3 times a week. That's what I find fun about Brawl, it seems like endless character specific tricks, and I really like that for some reason.

But Melee, I love it because of the skill it takes to play it. I only learned about the AT's and all that awesome stuff only last year, and I'm still trying to get some of the stuff down. I probably never will though. The two games have a very different playstyle, and very different measures of skill. Notice how I never stated one was better then the other, so you can't say I attacked -insertgamehere-. I actually praised both. =D

CaptnCrunch

Smash Rookie
I play brawl because its what brings all of my friends together, and i you didnt know it you get to meet new people along the way with new skills, and stories to share

Top Bottom