• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why hasn't Wii Fit gotten a single buff? Wii fit buffs

Would Wii Fit be higher tier of his/her down throw punctured similar to Diddy Kongs?

• Yes! 30-70% from one down throw!? Yes please!!!

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No! The character would still be garbage.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Hello! This is Wii Twerk Trainer the Wii Fit of the West Coast.

I'm just very curious as to why this character hasn't gotten a single buff? Every other bottom tier and low tier has gotten some buff except Wii Fit. It's very odd indeed that Sakurai chooses to ignore a character like Wii Fit who has so many glaring issues.

"The character is fine and doesn't need buffs. You just gotta improve as a player"

Why thanks for stating your opinion. I hear this a lot when I discuss this online, but they fail to realize I'm the best Wii fit in the west coast and have several achievements with Wii Fit. Getting top 32 at Evo with Wii Fit is one of them.

But anywho... I just want to give some insight on this. Here are some buffs I'd hope the character can at least get in the future.

Wii Fit Trainer buffs:

---Front Smash- A new hitbox on the knee/foot. This helps with hitting characters that are low or small now.

---Down Smash- Slightly less endlag when used. I don't u nderstand why this move is so short ranged, weak in damage and to an extent Knockback. A nice buff in speed and damage should do the trick.

---Up smash- Less endlag on this move. I don't understand why there's a lot on it when it has a stupid tiny hitbox. It's strong, but extremely situational. My least used move to be honest.

---Grab- Can now grab under the original range. Wii Fit squats before grabbing, so it makes sense that the character can grab low now.

---Down throw- Has less endlag on it. Kinda like Diddy kongs in a way. You can now combo off of this move. This buff alone will be a huge boon and delight to Wii fit mains.

---Up tilt- This move is Slighlty faster now. Juggles a lot better now.

---Down tilt- Slight endlag reduction. It's a good move, but now it's even better.

---Sun Salutation- Charging the ball in front of an opponent now burns them. Works similar to Lucario charging his Aura sphere. Makes b reverse shenanigans even better due to tricky charge burns. Still retains its wind effect. Heals about 2% now.

---Deep Breathing- The move now lasts 18 seconds instead of 10. It's also heals 5% when used successfully. Moves do 3% extra damage instead of 1%.

---Hoops- The move has gained more knockback and is now a reliable OUt of shield option.

---Jab- Jab connects a lot better now. More likely to ground opponents.

Will Wii Fit get all these buffs? Lol no! But Will Wii Fit get any buffs? Maybe. Hopefully soon. Any buff would be awesome and welcomed with open arms. Any buff that can grant more priority or range would be great! Lol for now I gotta use this bottom tier of a hot mess character, but maybe Wii Fit will get buffs one day. A boy can dream lol

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Maybe she doesn't need a buff because her deep breathing buffs her?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Dsmash should work more like Jiggs', causes ledge tumble when it lands and pushes the opponent off the ledge.
Usmash has invincibility frames, which explains the endlag. I rarely use it except as an anti air.
Dthrow is an iffy change imo since comboing isn't exactly WFT's playstyle
Utilt is already fast, why make it faster?
Sun Salutation needs more of a push box rather than an actual hitbox during charge. It'd be nice for the charge to deal damage, but if anything Mewtwo deserves it more.
DB would be way too OP that way. Choose 1-2 of those and I'll agree.
Want an OoS Hoops option? Play customs and go Jumbo Hoops. Default Hoops are better as a recovery method, and the hitbox is meant to catch anyone willy-nilly attempting to hit an "unsafe" recovery.
In order for Jab combo to ground opponent, you need to time it. I'm fine with learning the timing of it, though more consistency would help out.

The rest I agree with. WFT's Fsmash is on Mewtwo levels of unreliability, grab needs vertical range even in a Roll Cancelled Grab, and given WFT's crawl, Dtilt would work better as a faster option.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
To put it simply, they're terrified of her. Things like DB and monado are very new to Smash and they're trying to be very careful with characters that can buff themselves. They also want to avoid any character archetype being too powerful, and as WFT sits in a weird place where she gets the bare minimum of all archetypes, she ends up getting nothing when they're analyzed while remaining unable to really benefit from playing like any of them would.

At the very least I'd like jab fixed. Been thinking of running some type of campaign to get Nintendo's attention, but I don't have the material I'd need and I don't want it to become a common thing.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Dsmash should work more like Jiggs', causes ledge tumble when it lands and pushes the opponent off the ledge.
I very much agree with this.

However why don't we give down smash more endlag and startup? I never use it because by the time the move finally comes out, I'd have finished completing the entirety of Subspace Emissary.
Okay, but seriously, d-smash definitely needs less startup. It's the main reason I never use the thing to begin with.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
To put it simply, they're terrified of her. Things like DB and monado are very new to Smash and they're trying to be very careful with characters that can buff themselves. They also want to avoid any character archetype being too powerful, and as WFT sits in a weird place where she gets the bare minimum of all archetypes, she ends up getting nothing when they're analyzed while remaining unable to really benefit from playing like any of them would.

At the very least I'd like jab fixed. Been thinking of running some type of campaign to get Nintendo's attention, but I don't have the material I'd need and I don't want it to become a common thing.
I completely understand with what you are saying. Sakurai is scared to buff Wii Fit, because he/she has Deep breathing and he thinks any buff will make this bottom tier broken sadly...

He said he has a group of professionals help and play to balance the cast, but how do any of them think Wii Fit is fine the way he/she is? The character gets almost no usage because of his or her glaring weaknesses.

All Sakurai has to do is add range in certain moves and make some Slighlty faster and the character becomes better. He doesn't have to give her/him a power buff. A speed and range buff will not break the character.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I completely understand with what you are saying. Sakurai is scared to buff Wii Fit, because he/she has Deep breathing and he thinks any buff will make this bottom tier broken sadly...

He said he has a group of professionals help and play to balance the cast, but how do any of them think Wii Fit is fine the way he/she is? The character gets almost no usage because of his or her glaring weaknesses.

All Sakurai has to do is add range in certain moves and make some Slighlty faster and the character becomes better. He doesn't have to give her/him a power buff. A speed and range buff will not break the character.
It seems like he uses the Japanese tier list to buff and nerf. All the changes are correspondent to the tier list. That's why Shulk and Ike were buffed so much in the first patch. But WiiFit was bottom in every JP tierlist.

⑨ball

Smash Ace

I wouldn't be against them, but I can definitely see having more speed and range could have WFT destroying the cast worst than Prepatch Diddy ever did.

Imagine if WFT bair had Diddy's autocancel window and landing lag. Boom. We've suddenly got a workable neutral that also functions as our kill option and a way to land out of disadvantage. Instant high tier.

God forbid we ever find a consistent way to land nair in neutral like a jab grounding buff. We'd be treating the default meta like customs with our kill range and damage racking.

So I get what they're afraid of. I just think adding heavy character recovery on everything was a poor way about keeping her in check.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Thing is Wii fit wouldn't even be broken with any of these buffs we've listed. No one would really use the character because Wii fit is floaty and still has odd mobility. Everyone wants to use whoever is the easiest and most efficient to use. Two things that Wii fit with these buffs would not fall under.

Wii fit could have a less laggier back air, combos out of down throw and long lasting deep breathing. She/he would still be low tier and have low usage. JohnNumbers and myself will probably have an easier time, but that wouldn't make the character broken or high tier for that matter.

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Maybe Friday will be the day WFT gets buffed. Hopefully Sakurai wasn't basing WFT decisions on EVO placements...

Anyway, I guess they could do more drastic things like make charging Sun Salutation do damage (seems unnecessary, but could be more subtle but still interesting if it only had the damage + slightly stronger windbox, i.e. no hitstun), but it's mostly the lag on some moves that don't seem to warrant it and small/overly high hitboxes on a few moves like her grab. Even just changing those would help a large amount. Those things are just frustrating without seeming to be justified - I don't mind her not being high tier, but some characters get ridiculous hit/grabboxes that extend beyond where their actual limbs are, while hers...

But I don't think she's really all the way at the bottom, so I don't think they need to give her a total overhaul. That said, I wouldn't complain about more extreme buffs (changed mechanics, better throw, greater healing)... Make her A-tier, I don't mind. If they gave her your full wishlist or close to it, it's hard for me to see her not making it to the high tier.

One note: Deep Breathing actually applies a multiplier, not a set damage buff, so stronger moves are buffed more. I believe it was like a 1.16x multiplier. It could probably stand to be 1.2 or even 1.25...

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
In all honesty, I think Wii Fit's b-air should at least short hop autocancel.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Honestly, the only buff I would realistically want is hitbox modifications.

Ftilt back hit, Fsmash front hit, grab, dash grab, and pivot grab all extended downwards so they're touching or almost touching the ground so they can more consistently tag short and crouching characters. I would also say extend Jab 1 front hit and Ftilt front hit downwards a bit more but not all the way to the ground. And of course, full charge Sun Salutation made to be a tiny bit bigger so it can hit the likes of crouching Kirby, Jigglypuff, G&W, opposing Wii Fit Trainers...

Other than that I'd be perfectly fine with her staying the same. A good amount of her moves not hitting consistently is really the only glaring flaw with her character that REALLY should be fixed at some point. Of course, if we're talking changes we would like to see happen, but aren't necessary, I would throw my votes in for:

- Dthrow: Reduced ending lag, allowing for combos at low to mid percents, but not high.
- Dsmash: Tipper hitboxes on front and back do 15% damage and considerable knockback.
- Utilt: Reduced ending lag.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Yep.
I suppose in the end they just decided that it was so strong that it should have a trade off in range. I was ok with this idea until Lucas.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i really hope she gets some sort of buff soon, because its not fair that captain falcon can kill with practically any move, while wii fit trainer users have to work for their kills

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Didn't they nerf the NONEXISTANT hitbox in patch 1.0.6?
It doesn't feel like it. But if they did, I wouldn't know because like I said before, I rarely use the move anyways.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
All I want is no free fall after canceling the header.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
No they nerfed the hitbox, that ISN'T EVEN IN THE GAME.

like I said... it's NONEXISTANT. In the coding but you can't hit with it.
OHH whoops my bad!! I'm sorry, I must've read it wrong... I hope they fix that though.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Dsmash was buffed by 2%. It's something I guess.
Edit: SS now heals 2%

Last edited:

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
With DB Sun Salutation does %1 more fully charged, 20 -> 21

edit : cancelled header's landing lag is drastically reduced. Still puts you in Free fall unfortunately. Canceling without fast-falling allows you to f-tilt the ball. This makes cancelled header much easier to use, and we can STILL fast fall and shield/run if we have to

Cancel Header > Reverse F-tilt now sends the ball at a 100 degree angle

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
These are all of the changes I could gleam from Dantarion's dump:

AttackHi3 - damaged increased from 8 to 10
AttackS4S - hitbox size increased
AttackHi4 - hitbox size increased
AttackLw4 - damage increased from 10/8 to 12/10
AttackAirN - 1st hit hitbox size increased, 2nd hit knockback growth increased