• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why hasn't the New 3ds been advertised in america yet?

kyokencl

Smash Rookie
NNID
kyokencl
3DS FC
3969-3699-8305
except for AU i guess Nintendo wants to release since japan passing for europe and finish in america

i hope the american release be in holidays 2015 or begining 2016.........................specialy in 2016

i want to keep playing with my 3DS XL much longer

thats all

the8thark

Smash Lord
Its been advertised in austrailia of all places and they usually get stuff last.
NA gets all the WiiU love at the moment. And apart from a few obscure games like Terranigma, Australia does get everything last and at a higher asking price. I feel this pain every day in Australia. The new 3DS fans here at least have something to be happy about, if they can afford the over $200 for it. We are certainly paying a high price for the privilege of an earlier new 3DS.

Also apart from Smash Bros, there's no games that take advantage of the new 3DS now. So not having one right away is not a big deal. Games coming out late here (like most of them are late here) hurts a lot more.

R0Y

Smash Master
I bet the EU and NA are clogged with older 3DS', maybe Australia isn't.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I bet the EU and NA are clogged with older 3DS', maybe Australia isn't.
You are possibly right. But that does not explain the soon to be released 3DS that are being released. I don't know why Nintendo is making more old 3DS to sell when the new 3DS is coming out soon.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Instead of the Smash edition 3DS XL they shoulda just given the New 3DS sooner. :/ IMO, but maybe they needed more time. Still it would've been really nice to have it. I hope we can get it before summer of next year, would suck to have to wait so long on it.

R0Y

Smash Master
You are possibly right. But that does not explain the soon to be released 3DS that are being released. I don't know why Nintendo is making more old 3DS to sell when the new 3DS is coming out soon.
I don't think they are, I bet they have a lot of unsold stock and parts, some re-purposed for special editions like the Smash XL that is the New model in Japan, but the old one everywhere else.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Probably because it's no where near being released yet. I'm sure priority for the Holiday season is to maximize CURRENT hardware, being 3DS' and Wii U's. Advertising the New 3DS would cut sales of a prime holiday shopping season for current 3DS models.

R0Y

Smash Master
Probably because it's no where near being released yet. I'm sure priority for the Holiday season is to maximize CURRENT hardware, being 3DS' and Wii U's. Advertising the New 3DS would cut sales of a prime holiday shopping season for current 3DS models.
3DS sales are massively down from 2011-2012 and have never reached DS heights. They must have a glut of unsold inventory, that's all.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Actually I would feel bad for anyone who buys an old 3DS now. With the new one coming soon to most countries and (out now in Australia/Japland.)

Top Bottom