• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Goku should be in Brawlout, Not Smash.

Crash4Smash

Smash Apprentice
I'm tired of people saying Goku should be in Smash, honestly. This is the closest thing I want, this is the closest thing to that that will ever be allowed to exist. To be clear, I am not a fan of allowing non-videogame characters in Smash, this includes Wreck-It Ralph. Here are some reasons I think Brawlout is a good fit.

Brawlout has original characters that originated from the aforementioned game. Smash focuses on videogame characters, primarily Nintendo and it's partners.

Goku has appeared in fighting games, but the world views him as an Anime character, and he first appeared in Manga, then the NES.

Brawlout has Indie rep Yooka Laylee, assuming they'll be focusing on multiplatform, Indies, and underdogs.

Goku fits well in the Animal themes of Brawlout if it's a version of Goku that has a tail.

Other than that, it opens the door to Goku fighting other indie videogame characters. And that's Smashing Good! But seriously, Do Not Put Goku In Smash... this is why people hate Smash Flash 2

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Why do people still talk about this? Sakurai has flat-out stated that a character who does not originate from video games can not be in Smash. No Goku, no Shrek, no Darth Vader, no Monkey D. Luffy, no Naruto... just... NO. It is not happening. End of discussion.

Last edited:

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros. is about celebrating Nintendo's history. Nintendo's already pushing it with all the current 3rd party additions (which leads me to believe we won't be getting anymore - aside from perhaps Geno & Banjo). It's highly unlikely that a company as esteemed as Nintendo would sell out one of its biggest and most important franchises by diluting Smash with 4th party characters and rendering it meaningless. Were it any other company, yes. But Nintendo? No. So I'm not nagged by those who clamor about Goku's inclusion since it's not something even remotely likely to happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom