• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why everyone hates kirby/jiggleyppuff....

Bnana

Smash Rookie
In my opinion(of course)...i think everyone hates Kirby b/c he is one of those characters that you have to practice and read strategies with...

most people want to get in their and be really awesome immediately(well we all want that but you know what I mean) so they play as ike and they just spam those heavy attacks.:chuckle:

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is actually one of the easier characters to learn and also, in my experience, a lot of people seem to like Kirby now that he got buffed and isn't bottom tier.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
Kirby is actually one of the easier characters to learn and also, in my experience, a lot of people seem to like Kirby now that he got buffed and isn't bottom tier.
This ^.

Also, some might consider it less masculine to play as a little pink puffball. Psh.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
i been maining kirby since 64 days and hes gotten buffed and so wut if hes pink? hes still cool and u can change his color if you think thats gay you know =P

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Agreed. Kirby is actually REALLY easy to pick up. I'm not sure about jiggly, but kirby has a pretty straight forward game X_X.

But I think the people that don't like kirby don't like him because of his history from 64(lol cheap much?) and the fact that he kirbicides...It's a pretty annoying tactic =]

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
um kirby is pretty much like a lot of characters... easy to play hard to master...

the only exception are characters that you have to actually know kill moves with to kill like peach or rob

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah pretty much what he said. ^

A lot of people say to me "oh yeah, Kirby is so noob he's easy to use".
Then I 3-stock them in a ditto.
Its easy to pick him up, use his moves, then fsmash for a kill, but learning which moves of his counter strategies of others, how to use spacing and which moves to utilize this, and combos such as Gonzo's/Dthrow-->Utilt are some specificities new players usually overlook.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
Last I checked, according to the polls, Kirby has no haters.
He has no annoying attacks, he has no more annoying taunts, he has no unfair benefits or disadvantages. He actually seems like the most balanced character in brawl because most of his matchups are neutral- leaving the victories in the hands of the immediate players' choices.
He's like rock, paper, scissors (I like hearing 'paper, rock, scissors' better) against most characters.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
well nobody hates kirby but they hate jigglypuff cuz she sucks...

bluekirby92

Smash Rookie
Tiers? Then those people have issues if they go by a 'tier list'

Anyhoo, reason why I play as Kirby is because I'm a huge fan of his games. Many Kirby users are not REAL fans of him (Dare I say his games), but do like to use him in Smash Bros.

Loving the character himself and his games is the real reason why I use Kirby, as I grew up playing his games (First being Kirby SuperStar for SNES when I was 5)

mysticwolf

Smash Journeyman
i agree with everything Chingy says. If u don't like Kirby GET OVER IT!!! Kirby is a very easy character to KO (excluding the recovery techniques the player using Kirby may know)

(Dominican_Playa)

Smash Rookie
it takes a rly man to play pink...anyways kirby has always been one of my favs just cause he can copy moves...but i also love the hammer

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
I use him because I'm fan of his games, among the best Nintendo games imo. Now that he isn't bottom like in Melee, it's time for revenge

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
I gotta admit I absolutely hate Kirby as a character aside form his name, but his games are really fun to play, such as squeak squad and some of the much older games that were on the original gameboy and GB pocket.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
4 real men use pink XD and im a real kirby fan love the games and everything go kirby!!

Henryhta

Smash Rookie
I don't know how i got to main kirby!!! But now I'm a fan of kirby, so what if ppl hate Kirby, how do you think ppl that play Peach! That doesn't stop them playing Peach ( I personal don't like peach :psycho: ) Still I use her [not really :dizzy:]

It up to the user who has to admit how Bad and how Good a character ability,
To truly Master them.

LordZero

Smash Cadet
I think it is like this; they think 'oh little pink (red in my case) puffball, this won't be hard' then the fight commences and we Kirby users proceed to own them and all the while Kirby is able to smile and even do a dance or two and looking as friendly as the day we first saw him.

Top Bottom