• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why dont they use Leons old voice from Star Fox 64?

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
I loved the old genius assassin voice Leon used to have. Now ever since command (that includes this game) they gave him a child molester voice... it is just really annoying he was so much cooler when he had his old voice... anyone agree?

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I liked his old voice, yes, but personally I think the Brawl voice suits him more.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
If they had a voice for him in the Melee stages then yeah but, the new one fits his personality even mroe.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
1) Choose Sonic in Character Select screen.
2) Watch and listen to everyone of his taunts with your TV's volume at maximum.
3) ???
4) PROFIT!

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
In terms of species, I would expect a lizard to sound more like assault leon than n64 leon.

But then again, I wouldn't have thought a wolf could ever have a texan accent.

imo the lylat cruise voice acting is some of the best in the game (bar peppy.) Fact: Leon and Panther are voiced by the same person.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I take Leon's voice actor from 64 over ANY other Star Fox actor. When I heard his assault voice for the first time, I died a little inside...

GigabyteThe2nd

Smash Rookie
At least they didn't use his Assault voice.
As much as I love his suave, dignified 64 voice, if they have to use any other voice actor for him, it should be the one from Lylat Cruise. It's definitely suiting.

MRogue

Smash Rookie
While I do think his Assault voice is more fitting, it wouldn't deliver the same effect when it came to a few key quotes...

"FOOLISH BIRD, I AM THE GREAT LEON!"

majorojam

Smash Apprentice
I'm more concerned with Fox and Falco's new voices.

"FIRE!" Geez..

At least we still have the good ol, "Show me ya moves!"

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
At least, he doesn't fight for his friends.

But I would rather that he wouldn't let me do that, Starfox.

Iraku

Smash Cadet
The only voice I think could've improved was Panther's. Leon's current voice suites his current personality perfectly. His SF64 voice was fantastic to some extent, but I don't think it worked for Leon with his look then (and now. I cannot see Leon with such a voice. ever.). Try picturing Leon's SF64 voice with the lines he has in SSBB.

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
Who did the SF64 voices, anyway? Was it a specific VA team, or just a bunch of people selected for the job? SF64 actually had pretty good voice actors- for a video game, at least.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
Anytime you complain about how something in the Star Fox universe has gotten worse since SF64, I will agree with you by default.

Top Bottom