• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why don't Snake players use Lylat?

etecoon

Smash Hero
that's about what I'd say. it might be more like dead even if there are no planking rules but most non-horrible regions have LGL's at least

napZzz

Smash Hero
pit vs. snake is even ;D

ANYWAYS, redhalberd, what exactly makes you so fond of this stage, other than the fact that it blends in with your explosives and is fairly wide. Besides mk, what characters do you think should be taken here, in order of the list and why. Why should this be a good Cp over a stage like halberd (if they dont ban it) FD, or any other basic snake stage that works well for him.

pit vs. snake is even ;D

ANYWAYS, redhalberd, what exactly makes you so fond of this stage, other than the fact that it blends in with your explosives and is fairly wide. Besides mk, what characters do you think should be taken here, in order of the list and why. Why should this be a good Cp over a stage like halberd (if they dont ban it) FD, or any other basic snake stage that works well for him.
Any character that gets wrecked by tilting should be an obvious choice here. All spacies pretty much get a playstyle modification change when on this stage. Something that not all of them can adapt to easily enough. Peach I could say gets benefits and loses out on the stage depending upon the tilt. When she is at the bottom she loses the ability to camp. Although, when on top of a crest, she gains more throwing distance on those turnips of hers.

OverLade

Smash Hero
And my DI is better offline, I promise. ;)

Point just being, it's arguably harder for MK to kill you here than on FD due to the platforms and more mixups while falling.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I've used it as a CP against Pit, D3, and Wolf on AiB today...yeah...online isn't saying much, but I did ALOT better here.

I recommend taking all 3 of them here. D3 can't chaingrab as well, Wolf's lasers get blocked by the slant of the ship, and it makes Pit's ability to aim somewhat harder.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I use this stage against Pit or whenever I focus on mind game style (Mantis style)
bleh i cant imagine fighting pit on this stage, he gets more space to be ******** with arrows and can plank rather well

for now all I know is that I really like this stage for doubles, especially if mk is your partner. I figure i'll have to mess around with it sometime soon and see what all the fuss is about, cuz in the past i haven't had a whole lot of success with it but then again i just might be doing it wrong

OverLade

Smash Hero
I CP'd this stage in a match vs Capems MK last saturday. I think I prefer it over FD. Vids will be up...eventually.

bleh i cant imagine fighting pit on this stage, he gets more space to be ******** with arrows and can plank rather well

for now all I know is that I really like this stage for doubles, especially if mk is your partner. I figure i'll have to mess around with it sometime soon and see what all the fuss is about, cuz in the past i haven't had a whole lot of success with it but then again i just might be doing it wrong
Arrow spam is annoying until I learned how to evade and powershield. Doesn't work usually but I can walk to Pit while PS'ing his arrows. If he tries rushing to me then there!

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
oh btw idk if this is said yet but its a good snake stage and what not however i dont like it as much due too a high ceiling witch means no early up tilt kills,and snakes best kill move is uptitlt(ignore fsmash >_>)

OverLade

Smash Hero
oh btw idk if this is said yet but its a good snake stage and what not however i dont like it as much due too a high ceiling witch means no early up tilt kills,and snakes best kill move is uptitlt(ignore fsmash >_>)
Who said snakes best kill move was Utilt?

And why use utilt on a stage where C4s are invisible anyway? ;)

Top Bottom