• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why Donkey Kong is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HotshotScott0007

Smash Cadet
hey i main bowser but i am trying to decide upon few other mains so as to keep opponents guessing i will be going to each character community and asking why that player is good and what is good about them and also what is bad about them please tell me why i should (or shouldn't) consider DK as my main. all input would be appreciated but the more detail the better

5yphon

Smash Cadet
first i wanna say sry the Dk boards have been a little slow and there are people here that could tell you more about dk than i could, but i will give it a try. IM gonna put up some pros about Dk that might make you wanna main him.
1)Dk has 3 spikes
2) b-air is too good
3)f-tilt stops most projectiles
4) Stage spike
5)kills at low %
6)loaded with superarmor
7) one of the fastest bigger characters
8)pretty good throw game
9)Dk owns Snake
Thoes are al the pros i can think of at the moment there are more but i just woke up and i am watching a movie while posting this so sry again i hope this might have changed your mind about dk though if u wanna contact me my info is in my sig.

Omega Deman

Smash Apprentice
DK is a counter to MK like wearing a sweater is a counter to an Uzi
So true. Who is spreading this DK Meta counter lie!

Anyway, DK has amazing lateral recovery. In addition, his recoverying is long, thus it normally hits opponents trying to edgehog. Utilt is nearly as good and fast as Lucarios'. Not many people play him, so his game seems a bit unorthadox to opponents, like Bowser. Most importantly, his Dragon Uppercut special is awesome... Jk, he has no dragon uppercut, but it would have been appropriate.

DK is fun to use.

Master Raven

Smash Master
DK isn't exactly what I consider an MK counter any longer, but I still think the matchup is even, and DK has some good advantages against Meta such as his weight and attack range.

isomorphism

Smash Cadet
Regardless of the Meta counter issue, he is a genuine Snake counter, so that's always something to consider. He's fast and powerful, with enormous range (rivaling Snake's) on his tilts and very wide coverage on his smashes. He kills early and takes a lot of damage. His vertical recovery may not be the best, but his horizontal recovery is pretty much ungimpable, and some of the best in the game. His short-hopped B-air has crazy range and is an excellent approach to almost everything. He has loads of Super Armor on a bunch of moves, notably his Up-Special and Neutral-Special (Donkey Punch). His grab is powerful and at higher percents can be used to cargo-throw -> stage spike opponents. His Down-B outranges every ground move in the game, and his F-tilt swats through most projectiles (and MK's tornado). His D-tilt trips and his Side-B stops all momentum as well as spiking and being great for punishing. His U-air is good for juggling some characters, especially Snake. Overall he's a very solid character, marred only by the D3 standing infinite. He'd make a great secondary, although there might be a little too much overlap with Bowser just because they're both heavies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom