• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does the opponent have so much control over flying slam?

garkimbo

Smash Rookie
Why does the opponent have so much control over flying slam? I thought they were only supposed to have more control than you if there was a substantial difference in damage percent? Multiple times now, my opponent and I have relatively the same amount of damage done to each other. I use side-B, they drive us off the stage and end up getting the win in what was a close match. It's stupid and feels terrible when it happens. I guess I can't use the ability when my opponent and I are down to our last stock.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You basically have to massively outplay them and be winning in your favor to have control of your own move. To which you'll never be using Klaw anyway if that was the case.

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
It's balanced. You can't use it to get a gimp kill anymore, but it's now a kill move at high percentages. I have no problem with the trade-off.

I'd much rather lose a gimmick move to have Bowser become a legitimate competitively viable character, as he has.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's balanced. You can't use it to get a gimp kill anymore, but it's now a kill move at high percentages. I have no problem with the trade-off.

I'd much rather lose a gimmick move to have Bowser become a legitimate competitively viable character, as he has.
Except the Klaw mechanics are inconsistent. Crap range. Little control if the opponent knows better. They can possibly gimp kill you. And it will either force both players to die Bowser first despite Bowser being on top of the pansy dumb enough to get grabbed in the first place or Bowser dies and the opponent survives and will likely recover just fine. Which if Meta Knight survives he is going to recover regardless.

Yeah. That sounds balanced.

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
Oh, I didn't think about the opponent influencing you off the stage. I guess that kind of sucks, but then just don't use it when you're behind and near the ledge. You have plenty of other options. It's really not that hard to rack up damage with Bowser.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Klaw is basically going to be used as a mixup or that definitive kill move at a percent you know that can't DI to save themselves from death.

Shog

Smash Ace
So in other words, custom moves make Bowser even more scary? I mean he has a non grab Side B. I would use that.(Is it viable?)

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So in other words, custom moves make Bowser even more scary? I mean he has a non grab Side B. I would use that.(Is it viable?)
It clanks out all small projectiles while the move is active. So yeah it's pretty great. Also. WaveSlashing.

Shog

Smash Ace
It clanks out all small projectiles while the move is active. So yeah it's pretty great. Also. WaveSlashing.
Oh god, WaveSlashing. Just checked it out. That's crazy.
(Also the custom move description says the move has decent knockback but no damage. Can somebody confirm? I know Bowser has high power anyways, but Slash is really fas)t

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Oh god, WaveSlashing. Just checked it out. That's crazy.
(Also the custom move description says the move has decent knockback but no damage. Can somebody confirm? I know Bowser has high power anyways, but Slash is really fas)t
Low Damage but has moderate/high launch power. Same launch power as the 3rd hit of Meta Knight's Ftilt.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Bowsercide is bugged where it kills Bowser first on some stages and goes to SD (if both players on last stock) on other stages.

And as Magius said, klaw has been massively nerfed, not just by itself, but by regular game mechanics as well: there's no longer a such thing as grab armor, meaning that the klaw's krappy range is even more of a detriment and you will never, EVER land it in the air against an opponent who isn't asleep while recovering because ANY aerial will stop it in its tracks.

I would rather the klaw just have 0 control by anyone and instead go up and down in the same spot Bowser uses it, or better yet, give us back melee klaw...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Other then as the "Kill" move I am using Klaw to land and go right into another action immediately. A defensively fast Bowser is a scary one.

Top Bottom