• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Pikachu suck?

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I heard he got better. Specifically the lack of lag after Thunder and improved recovery, stuff like that. He deserves to be buffed since he was #1 in SSB64 and then was dropped to Low Tier in Melee.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Pika is not a girl >_>

But he is defiently better. Maybe not 64 good, but better. But Pikachu was my old main, he will be replaced as my primary main by Sonic.

Anther

Smash Champion
I still liked Melee pikachu better.
But this game is so much more fun atm =].

It's still way too early to say whether or not pikachu sucks though. I mean, 'she's' obviously not bad =P.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Pika is not a girl >_>

But he is defiently better. Maybe not 64 good, but better. But Pikachu was my old main, he will be replaced as my primary main by Sonic.
Yeah back in the old days this could be argued, but thanks to Diamond and Pearl we now know how to tell a Pikachu's gender just by looking at it's tail.

I heard his downsmash was buffed. @.@

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Whoever told you pikachu wasn't good anymore is a liar.
A big.
stinking
dirty
LI-AR!

Pikachu is greatly improved in Brawl. His downsmash is godly, and his thunder is much more ultra-spamable. Not to mention he has much more range and combo potential, and he overall, just feels like a great character. Much, MUCH more improved then melee pikachu.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
K, for the last time, before you say "oh this char sucks" or "oh this char is amazing" please either RESEARCH or ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FROM EXPERIENCE. God, if you play a style that mains around U-smash, you will be saddened, but there are so many other options for pikachu it doesn't really matter. Please, make MEANINGFUL threads besides all this stupid tier sucking awesomeness and whatever. The intelligence of smashboards is steadily decreasing...and its annoying me cuz i just said this in the samus boards with a ******** thread. *sigh* pikachu is in some ways better some ways worse, determine for yourself which it truly is.

lol me and the person above me (i forget name) have same minute of post

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Even though I have not played the game yet, but from +600 brawl vids being watched, I can tell Pika is better than he used to be. Neutral A air has a bit more range, and I think Thunder is a bit buffed with less lag.
NO! Pika doesnt suck... It could be the players using him that suck... perhaps spamming Thunder like most noobish players would.

One X

Smash Rookie
The only reason he sucks is not because of HIS skills and stats, it's YOU. Pika absolutely rocks this time around.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
She's not good anymore. The question is, just how bad is she?
wt hell are u talking about all characters are eaualy good it depends on the player that determens weather hes good or bad.

ps in general pikachu in the smash bros seiris represents all pikachus boy or girl

but ashes pikachu is a boy.

but of course in diamand and pearl female pikas have heart shaped tails.

Anther

Smash Champion
wt hell are u talking about all characters are eaualy good it depends on the player that determens weather hes good or bad.
That's kinda very far from the truth D=...
The stat differences in each character, while they can look good on paper, rarely translate to working out in practice.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's vastly improved from melee.
Downsmash=Longer range, more power, easier to combo out of. Better.
F-Smash=Ridiculously high damage, longer range. Better
U-Smash=Harder to KO with, but better combo potential. Somewhat worse.
F-Tilt: Neutral
Dash: Neutral
Side B: Twice the distance, half the charge time, less lag. Now it can be used effectively as an offensive move, even. Not to mention that it makes Pika's recovery distance ungodly. Better.
Up B: More like the N-64 version. Better.
Down B: Already been gone over. There's even a thread about it. Far better.
U-air: Huge combo potential, but you can't spike with it very easily. Neutral.
D-air: Without lag canceling, it's hard to pull off. Worse.
F-air: Far more damage and priority. Like the N64 version. Far better.
N-air: Not much here. Still good for KOs. Neutral.
B-air: Hits a billion times, does way more damage, kills shields. Far better.

As you can see by my complex analysis, Pikachu is made of awesome and win, and the OP needs to learn what she's talking about.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
That's kinda very far from the truth D=...
The stat differences in each character, while they can look good on paper, rarely translate to working out in practice.
well u know what i mean. its still true about the players making a differance though....:ohwell:

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Eh... that's not entirely true. It's not possible make characters exactly good, eventually, a few will break out of the crowd. It'll be a lot closer than in Melee though, for sure.

While we cannot say for certain where Pikachu will be in the tier list yet, it's safe to say he is almost guaranteed to be at least higher than he used to be. His kill moves have gotten more range and power, and his signature Thunder has ridiculously reduced lag (yay!).

Sophos

Smash Cadet
Having lost hope on the ridiculously un-buffed C. Falcon, I may just move to Pikachu. I'm comfortable with his speed and moveset, and with some combo practice, I'll have returned to my previous skill-level. I always did find Pikachu to be an easy character to pick up and practice with, I don't know why more people don't use him.

Giuseppe

Smash Rookie
I don't know why more people don't use him.
Because the priority of his moves sucked compaired to the old top tier fighters. Now since his moves have higher priority and reach maybe people will use him more.

Ex: If I ever Dsmashed at the same time as Peach in Melee, Peach would always suck me in.

Best thing to ever happen to Pikachu in my opinion is his Thunber getting buffed and his Dsmash turning into the new Peach Dsmash.

BTW Hi, I'm Giuseppe, I'm new here.

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
This post will probably be missed, but Pikachu does not suck - not in the least. His moves are powerful, come out fast, have huge range (he outranges characters like Marth...), and great knockback. What's more is that you don't really need to take your thumb off the c-stick the whole match.

Pikachu played well is an incredible force in Brawl!

And yes, I have been playing this game for a solid 3 weeks now.

Top Bottom