• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why does it seem that everyone is hopping on the little mac bandwagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
it seemed like everyone disregarded him before release and now everyone plays him.

TheMiggidyMacDuffy

Smash Rookie
everybody roots for the underdog eventually, don'tcha know

in all seriousness, though, i think it's primarily due to the fact that, to people who play casually, Mac probably seems like an overpowered nightmare

the fact that he is insanely fun and satisfying to play as probably doesn't hurt either

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
As a huge fan of Punch-Out, I've been wanting Little Mac in Smash Bros since Brawl, so the second he was announced I knew I was gonna play him. He's also extremely fun and satisfying (as the poster above me said) to play, I love the character and play-style.

Toebex

Smash Cadet
He is just insanely fun to play compared to any character in any game in the series. He is so powerful on the ground and if you're patient, it is so satisfying.

Chocoty1er

Smash Rookie
NNID
tylermpowell
3DS FC
2062-9460-7105
I realize he is super fun play and does very very well in lag but once everything develops it will settle down a bit to the true Mac Mains.

well at least I hope anyways

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
He's the most fun character in Smash 4. I've only played the Wii Punch Out game but after playing Mac I'll finally tackle the classics that are Punch Out! and Super Punch Out!

I dunno, getting a kill or a KO punch is just super satisfying, and it feels so fast and fuild to play with, even if he will probably end up on the lower half of the tier list. I went into the game with Shulk and Kirby being my planned mains, but now it seems like both were knocked down a notch thanks to Mac

Its a shame he's so popular, most Mac players right now are just awful, and they're just making us all look like ass

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Because he's easy to use and the input lag online greatly benefits his fast and strong smash attacks which can easily be spammed. He's being used for exactly the same reason as Ike was used by scrubs in Brawl. It's easy and rewarding given the circumstances.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's because he's incredibly fun. Like, the most fun I've ever had in a Smash game.

However, since I don't think I'd be good enough to play him competitively, I had to force myself to stop and learn someone else, hahaha!

But seriosly it's because he hits so hard, is easy to use, and is just straight up fun. The KO Punch probably helps that.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
As a huge fan of Punch-Out, I've been wanting Little Mac in Smash Bros since Brawl, so the second he was announced I knew I was gonna play him. He's also extremely fun and satisfying (as the poster above me said) to play, I love the character and play-style.
i always play as boxers in fighting games, for example dudley in street fighter , so the minute i heard little mac was in smash 4 i was beyond hyped lol.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I play him 100% because the trailer for when he was announced, was ultra hype. He looked like the most fun to play, and playing the game hasn't changed my opinion of that.

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
That moment when you walk in, predicting an attack, faint back (roll backwards) and unleash a ultra mega lightning fast forward smash for the win is the most satisfying movement since meteor smashes.

The pressure of the ko punch cause the opponent to make a lot of random rolls, so predicting that backward or forward roll into the punch makes an epic two-stock win.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Pretty much what everyone here has mentioned; he's incredibly fun to play as and his movesets are indeed ridiculously a nightmare. Of course, those that are playing as him in For Glory and not using him right are only making him look bad.

That K.O. Uppercut though.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"why is the ultra hyped new character with crazy run speed and a super armor side special and a special KO ability popular???"

BANDWAGONSSSSSSSS UGHHHHHHHH

Mienaikage

Smash Cadet
He has the perfect combination of traits that would make a hype character:
He's fast.
He's powerful.
He has the best comeback potential in the game. (Does anything trump the KO punch?)
And to top it off, it started out with people assuming he would be a bad character.

He's popular for now but I think people will start dropping him as opponents get better at gimping his recovery.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Destroying things with your fists as Little Mac is very satisfying; however, getting knocked up in the air is never fun since you are so vulnerable.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
"why is the ultra hyped new character with crazy run speed and a super armor side special and a special KO ability popular???"

BANDWAGONSSSSSSSS UGHHHHHHHH
the amount of people disrespecting little mac pre-release was pretty high dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom