• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you use Smashboards?

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Don't be rude to the people replying to your thread.
I use this place solely to pass time, maybe teach a thing or two to someone and sometimes make friends.
Sometimes I make really long breaks from this forum and I don't even miss it much. Forums in general as slow nowadays, and most people moved to differenrt Smash discords.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I feel like the popularity of discord is killing this site slowly. I visit this place anyway because it's nostalgic to me and I enjoy the occasional competitive discussion. I usually just lurk.

But even then, if I'm going to visit a dedicated Super Smash Bros. website, where else would I go?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't be rude to the people replying to your thread.
I use this place solely to pass time, maybe teach a thing or two to someone and sometimes make friends.
Sometimes I make really long breaks from this forum and I don't even miss it much. Forums in general as slow nowadays, and most people moved to differenrt Smash discords.
I'm cool, I have seen even worse. And that's why Smashboards has censor on certain words. Sometimes it can be annoying, and sometimes it can be good.
I actually only use Discord when I want to check certain stuff and chat with my friend when playing Overwatch.
I feel like the popularity of discord is killing this site slowly. I visit this place anyway because it's nostalgic to me and I enjoy the occasional competitive discussion. I usually just lurk.

But even then, if I'm going to visit a dedicated Super Smash Bros. website, where else would I go?
I think Discord kills Skype, at least for those who use Skype solely as a gaming voice chat app. Discord runs more smoothly than Skype, can create certain groups, and you don't even really need to make a permanent account in order to use Discord's voice chat.
Any how, I think people will come back when another Smash Bros game is officially announced.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
Simply to expand my knowledge of the game, the players who play the game and to understand some of the mechanics. FG isn't too helpful in this respect.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I use Smashboards b/c I like it the most out of the three websites. I favour this over the reddit r/smash and the community in Smashboards way better than the ones at Gamefaqs (I don't like any of the users there).

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, it is the top resource for character matchups, guides, execution of ATs, etc. after all. Just cannot get this on SmashWiki. More than anything else, it is a good place to socialize with y'all.

Mr.Bond

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-9475-7122
i joined to find people to play with in my area offline but still havent found any lol but this site usally has answer to my questions before i even ask them and when i do post i get really fast and good respones

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots

I feel the same way, I used to use smashboards a lot until I heard about discord. I still visit now and then because it's still somewhat a community.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Shouldn't this be in the pool room...? Anyways, Smashboards just feels like a dedicated fan's website to me, it was fun back in 2015 when smash 4 was released, but now it's meh. I want smashboards to be fun like it was 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Top Bottom