• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you still play Brawl?

Mewtwo929

Smash Apprentice
A small village called......... Pallet Town!!!
NNID
Joestoes
I honestly think people exaggerate about Brawl's speed. Yes it is the slowest of the Smash games, but that doesn't make it bad, and honestly, you'd have to be pretty shallow to think that. Anyway, I still play Brawl because I find it fun with it's stages and characters. Back with Wolf, when Sonic was good, (not a fan of Smash 4 Sonic) when Ike wasn't unbearably slow. I'm not saying Brawl is superior to Smash 4, but it does have small perks that make me revisit it every now and again.
Ike is a lot faster in ssb4 than in brawl...

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
because it's relaxing to play after intense games like Super Monkey Ball

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Hello there If anyone there still play brawl or wanna play brawl again check out these link http://smashboards.com/threads/play-super-smash-brawl-online.386506/ My thread and the other is http://smashboards.com/threads/play-online-now-and-all-day.387080/unread those link are to find opponent to play with it also there is a social thread in there you can chat, discussion everything to relate to brawl and whatever that come in your mind http://smashboards.com/threads/brawl-online-general-discussion-social-thing.346577/
:) and the Brawl Player that still play which you can ask them for a match thought those link and their profile are L∈O, Luigisama, N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart, Nuttre , Konrad-QD, NH Cody, RosalinaSama and PEACE7 there is one more but he cannot brawl until summer too for now.

Oh this is My Brawl FC: 4169-4290-1528 but I cant brawl until summer as well in the meantime check those link that are above and add me wherever you can :)

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
The main reason I still play Brawl is because I don't want to buy a Wii U to play the latest Super Smash Bros game. I own Melee and Brawl, and I think those games are already good enough.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I honestly feel no reason to go back to Brawl now except for Project M and when my friends only have Brawl (seriously, with a few exceptions, am I the only one who has a Wii U?) when I think Smash 4 is a better game overall. To be fair, it is the game that defined my years of 2010 and what introduced me to this great series and hey, I still think it's a great game. It's oozing with content and despite being slower and less competitive than Melee, it's still Smash at its core. What more can I ask for? I even like looking at competitive matches of Brawl and honestly, I don't know why. Maybe I just see a lot of patience with the players or something like that. In short, it would probably be a while until I pick up Brawl again (not counting Project M), but it will forever be one of my favorite video games and will always hold a special place in my heart.

ProjectilePuff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MilouPadley
3DS FC
1075-0715-3179
Subspace Emissary and Nostalgia sakes. What more?
If only Project M PAL exsisted, then i could extend my Brawl-game to Melee.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'll only play Brawl if I don't feel like playing either version of Smash 4. It's also mainly due to things like trying to unlock all the characters either on SSE or doing battles.

keymanb

Smash Apprentice
Well, brawl isn't competitive. And it kind of sucks, I play it for nostalgia (don't ask how I get nostalgia from like 2009) and when I'm extremely bored to see how badly I suck at it. But honestly, this is why project M was created. It provides both qualities from melee and brawl. Put's them together creating the carefree noncompetitive environment of brawl. While also allowing it to be very competitive. In my opinion, project M is the best smash game, well it's not a game. It's a mod but whatever. And it will continue to get better.

Well, brawl isn't competitive. And it kind of sucks, I play it for nostalgia (don't ask how I get nostalgia from like 2009) and when I'm extremely bored to see how badly I suck at it. But honestly, this is why project M was created. It provides both qualities from melee and brawl. Put's them together creating the carefree noncompetitive environment of brawl. While also allowing it to be very competitive. In my opinion, project M is the best smash game, well it's not a game. It's a mod but whatever. And it will continue to get better.
And to accustom for the small amount of things that got removed in brawl to project M, a very small amount of stages, that aren't even that good. Was negated by the fact that they added back Mewtwo and Roy. Quality stages from Smash 64 and Melee. A turbo mode, which is amazing, still buggy. A debug mode so you can study your main's hitboxes. Wavedashing and L-canceling And ton's more.

Last edited by a moderator:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I found brawl in my old bin and I invited my friend to play it right?

Picked up the game, first match we did
Hyrule, no items, :falco: dittos.

My friend's first attack, was B.
A laser struck the wall of hyrule.
AND IT ****ING STAYED THERE.
I tried to test if it had a hitbox but it didn't.

My point with this is, Brawl is just so slow and FILLED with mistakes and glitches!
Stupid mechanic like tripping
a broken character, :metaknight:

So why do you keep playing this game?

Also don't lock my thread, mods.
You need to play the right people when you brawl someone. This goes the same to any other game, there will always be people that make a game look "bad" so my conclusion to repair this conundrum is play people that have learned everything about this game and not camp for minutes trying to win this match like it had money on the line. Thanks.

moony

Smash Rookie
Mainly because it's the only one that I have :p, but I actually do like the slowness better. Gives you just a fraction more time to come up with moves.

Kaibo

Smash Cadet
I just play it every now and then for PM and nostalgia because I used to play it a lot when I was younger

Top Bottom