• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you play with Little Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
So a lot of people seem to be irritated with all the Little Mac players online. There's so many of them and people are starting to say he's OP and needs to be nerfed. I'm actually surprised that so many people have latched onto Little Mac actually. Before the game was released, E3 footage kind of made him look awful and I kept hearing people say he was gonna be bottom tier for sure. And thus, people looked away from him. But not me. I'm a huge Punch-Out fan and Little Mac was without a doubt the #1 character I was most excited to play. I was ready to show that Little Mac can be good, even if his air game sucks and he has a terrible recovery. But...it looks like everyone's already done that. Suddenly everyone's playing with him? When did this happen? When did people suddenly take a liking to Little Mac? So my question is, why do you play as Little Mac? I play with Little Mac because I genuinely like him and the Punch-Out games. But I feel like most people play him just because word got out that he's OP in For Glory mode. But when did this shift in attitude toward Little Mac occur? Was there some godly Little Mac player on Streams or something that I missed?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I like Punch-out!! and stuff but that has no bearing on him in this game because I like DKC but hate Diddy, and love OoT but hate Sheik.
The answer is really that he can win, and even though I really like Mac that's why I play him. he's satisfying to play. I play other characters too but like playing little mac for the experience against good players. That said I think there are Macs playing that are terrible. If you lose 2 stocks in under a minute you're doing it very wrong.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
He's a fighting type pokemon with a weakness to flying types.

And I really enjoyed the Punch-Out on the Wii, so I was naturally hyped for him

Solreth

Smash Apprentice
Because I love boxing, because punchout is the first game I remember really growing up with, because the moment I saw the trailer I knew this was my character, good bad or ugly. He will proceed to be despite any changes made to him, if any.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Probably the most satisfying character in the series' history to land a hit with.

kindacute

Smash Rookie
I loved the original punchout AND HE'S MEGA FUN TO PLAY. I get hyped thinking about playing him when i dont have the chance to be on my 2ds. First character in smash That I love

warionumbah2

Smash Master
My dad used to do boxing.

I was always interested in martial arts(not street fighting) so i began to naturally be drawn to him.

He's around my age and represents hard work and dedication to what he loves, despite being 4'11(5ft 5 in the modern design) he still came out ontop.

and i love catching fools off guard as if im gonna side b off the edge like a tool. I can stand here all match while you camp at the ledge coward.

Yoki

Smash Apprentice
He has solid movement options, kills and dies early, and being sent offstage as Little Mac feels intensely threatening. That's three of my main complaints with Smash 4 solved right there.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I like him because ive enjoyed his series since i was a kid, and ever since melee he was my most wanted character. I would have played as him even if he was terrible in every way, i only play as my favorites, no tier list or whatever will change my opinion on that. Its a damn shame mac has become reviled by much of the fanbase though just based on his abilities, especially when people tend to assume thats why you play as him instead of any other reasons.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
He punishes rollers SO HARD.

Literally all I do is jab and it's delicious.

DadPalindrome

Smash Cadet
NNID
DadPalindrome
3DS FC
3780-9241-3996
He's fun and I've played enough Punch-Out to get to Tyson in about half an hour (as for beating Tyson, well that happens maybe 1 out of 5 times).

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I never played Punch-Out in my life. I play Mac because the things I like about Marth is Brawl are true for Mac in this game. He can hit his opponent's shield and pressure them. He can approach, and he gets rewarded heavily for making strong reads, while almost always having offensive pressure. Unlike Marth, he's not Air-Based, and that's really good on the 3DS when we have no C-Stick.

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
Because landing a KO punch is one of the best feelings in Smash history.

Also because he's so much fun to play, the only other character that is just as much fun is Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom