• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do the Bulls suck?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/bulls/loveofthegame_0607.asx

That is a video of what the bulls were last year. A 49 win team that dominated the NBA Champions in the playoffs, and nearly shocked the Pistons as well.

They started the season claiming 55 wins and a Finals trip, but now sit after the All-Star break with 22 wins, and in the 10th spot in the East.

So what happened? They started the season with more or less the same players, and the ones that left were replaced with better players. I know they faced the Nets, Raptors, and Clippers (the three teams that have been the Bulls kryptonite) ALOT in the beggining of the year, but that shouldnt have been that big of a deal.

So no they have traded the starting front line and an assistant coach is running the team. Are they tanking, to somehow work some master plan in so they can get rid of Deng and Gordon since they didnt sign extensions at the beginning of the year?

Everybody and his brother said the finals this year was inked to be Bulls vs Suns. So what went wrong?

Antinegative

Smash Apprentice
Scott Skiles

The Bulls won and did well last year because they played with ridiculous energy. This is when Skiles' message was fresh, and the players played their butts off for him because he demanded no less. This year his hardnose coaching style got old, and he lost the respect and trust of the players. The effect of this is immediatly seen. They suck now because they lack an outside presence and a true shooter. The Bulls offense from last year was all about getting near the rim using very rapid ball movement and lots of motion. After Skiles broke them they just don't want to run for him anymore, and the offense slows down. With a good outside shooter or two this wouldn't be a big deal. But the Bulls don't have one, so it is. The same goes for defense. The Bulls were excellent at constantly attacking the ball carrier to force turnovers/cause disruption. Again, this worked so well because they were relentless when they went about it, and just the same when they stop caring it stops working.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
The Bulls suck because they gave Big Ben and Joe Smith to my boy Lebron, son.
The Cavs are going to ride this trade all the way to the Finals.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
The Bulls became fail when Michael Jordan stopped playing.
So when was the last time you watched an NBA game.

The sun will rise in Phoenix.
I hope this is a joke. The Suns are my 2nd favorite team, but Shaq is an arrogant prick.

The Bulls suck because they gave Big Ben and Joe Smith to my boy Lebron, son.
The Cavs are going to ride this trade all the way to the Finals.
They made that trade BECAUSE they suck. But yeah, I love that trade from a Cleveland standpoint. I think they are better than the Pistons and just under the Celtics. I really think Wallace will do well there, now that he isnt the only center on the team like he was here for the Bulls. The part I absolutely LOATHE about this trade is 1) I dont like giving up Joe Smith. I really thought he was a good player for the Bulls, and whats worse 2) WHO THE MECHA-**** DOES JOHN PAXSON THINK HE IS? WHY WOULD ANYBODY TRADE FOR LARRY HUGHES?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
With larry hughes now in the mix, the chicago backcourt is all brick and no bite

Top Bottom