• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why do some ppl hate on the c-stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
I dont understand it. I was watching an old video on youtube with killaOR, and everyone kept dissin him for using the c-stick. Isnt it better to use it, it takes less time to just hit the cstick than it does to use a+direction. I use either or dependin on the situation, but i try to use c-stick for all of my smash attacks. whats the general consensus around here, do ppl hate on cstick or use it?

SloT

Smash Journeyman
How many threads of this have there been ? >.>
well anyways... i really don't know.. the only thing i couldnt stand about the c-stick is the reaction time of it, and i dislicked it when marths and stuff used
c-stick to edgegaurd over... and over... and over again... and it just got frustrated.. so instead of blaming the mistakes on myself, i blamed the c-stick :/ but after i started learning about smashboards, it became more of a habit to shffl with c-stick (Mostly uair) heh.. to be honest, i really don't know the exact reason why people do it... its just frustration i think though, which was the case with me

Giggidax

Smash Ace
people hate on the c-stick because they arnt good at using it. or they think its "cheap" or too easy to use. if thats the case then tell them to start using it also.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
It's not that some people hate the C-stick, it's just that they love johns.

EDIT: Besides, nearly all of the C-stick hate I've seen resides on the GameFAQs SSBM board, and they're full of trolls anyways.

Tank McCannon

Smash Journeyman
I know my friends complained about the use of the c-stick a lot when we first started out.

I think anyone that doesn't know what they're doing hates the c-stick when they're going against someone like Marth or Falco.

Hoboman725

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind the C-stick when used in moderation, but I have a friend who just walks around, doing down c sticks. It gets to be a nuisance.

greenblob

Smash Lord
A nuisance as in, he's so easy to beat that it's not worth playing him anymore, right?

The main reason people hate the c-stick is because their main strategy is to rush in with attacks and call projectiles cheap.

brwnhawaiin

Smash Cadet
I don't mind the C-stick when used in moderation, but I have a friend who just walks around, doing down c sticks. It gets to be a nuisance.
well yea, thats annoying. im not talkin about just going around and ONLY using the cstick, but when the time is right, why not use it.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
I just don't understand why people find it so useful. I don't hate it, but I see no reason why I should use it when A + direction is that much easier.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I can't use the C-Stick cause I play Melee with my fingers on the control pad, not my opposable thumbs.

^^This is why I can't be beaten for some reason! This phenomenon is just so crazy, but very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom