• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people in For Glory suck?

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I feel you bro. The amount of times my Hydro Pump/reversed Water Shuriken has become a Shadow Sneak, or worse, after a fast fall, a Substitute, has to be counted with 5 digit numbers. And there is a reason I never try to use falling Up Airs without the C stick anymore..

Last edited:

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Update:

Basically, nowadays, it's very rare to see bad players on For Glory.

A lot of it may have to do with 3 things:

1. People move on to other things after a bit of Smash, especially if they don't have proper amounts of dedication.

2. A TON of the stereotypes regarding For Glory seem to be revolving around the Wii U version since that very would be most-commonly-played. 3DS players for me are a bit rare and are often the more dedicated ones.

3. As mentioned before, For Glory has practically non-existent matchmaking. Anther's Ladder is one of the more usual sources for setting up a ranked system within the online setting.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Let me correct you. They all moved to the 3DS. Because scrubs running Links, Clouds, Falcons, Nesses, Spamus, and company, is ALL I find on Roll Glory 3DS. Sucks to not have a WiiU...

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
For Glory has a lot of rubbish players nowadays still, but rubbish players definitely aren't the norm nowadays like they were back in 2014-2015.
You're (mostly) gonna run into either decent players, people trying to show off or legit good players that are there just to pass time. But running into somebody that plays like a potato (and has connection pretty much as good as one) definitely still happens quite a bit.
For Wii U, I generally seem to run into the more okayish players, but I also never had good connection on Wii U For Glory. 3DS has very low lows when it comes to connectio nquality, but I also run into lagless or mostly lagless people generally frequently. I have insane amounts of buffer lag in nearly every match anyway.

Top Bottom