• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do my up air and neutral air literally NEVER work?

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Every time I try to do the down throw to UA or NA combo, it doesn't hit them. Ever. Sometimes I've gotten lucky and accidentally used Knee after the down throw, but it's still really annoying that I can't use half of my moves that are worth using. I've tried hitting the enemy with different parts of the animation but it doesn't do a damn thing, just passes right through them like it never happened...

What am I screwing up?

Last edited:

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
Are you perhaps confused on where the hitboxes are for those aerials? I know for me, it took me a while to figure out what part of his legs needed to hit on his Nair. I had been playing around with Fox at the time, who has a really similar animation and hitbox for his Fair. Having knowledge of this, it was a bit easier for me to hit my Dthrow to Nair.

Now for Up Air, I'm already a Luigi main, and his Up Air animation is similar in the same way as was Fox's Fair and Cap's Nair.

Idk if this will help, but there's some insight, at least.

Last edited:

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Are you perhaps confused on where the hitboxes are for those aerials? I know for me, it took me a while to figure out what part of his legs needed to hit on his Nair. I had been playing around with Fox at the time, who has a really similar animation and hitbox for his Fair. Having knowledge of this, it was a bit easier for me to hit my Dthrow to Nair.

Now for Up Air, I'm already a Luigi main, and his Up Air animation is similar in the same way as was Fox's Fair and Cap's Nair.

Idk if this will help, but there's some insight, at least.
I need a diagram or something, Falcon's UA has a really deceptive animation I guess.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
know when the throw ends. when you down throw, hold shield to get a feel for when you can act out of it. after that just dash until the opponent is only a few falcons away horizontally and jump and hit them.

Demitus

Smash Rookie
know when the throw ends. when you down throw, hold shield to get a feel for when you can act out of it. after that just dash until the opponent is only a few falcons away horizontally and jump and hit them.
Can you buffer dashes after the throw?

HAHAHA

Banned via Warnings
Every time I try to do the down throw to UA or NA combo, it doesn't hit them. Ever. Sometimes I've gotten lucky and accidentally used Knee after the down throw, but it's still really annoying that I can't use half of my moves that are worth using. I've tried hitting the enemy with different parts of the animation but it doesn't do a damn thing, just passes right through them like it never happened...

What am I screwing up?
Lol!

Captain Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nacholovr
3DS FC
1848-1848-8415
It also depends on weight and percents. If you try when your opponent has too much damage, they might have time to airdodge your attacks

m0NtÉ

Smash Rookie
Try practicing the Dthrow->Uair combo at mid percents and the Dthrow->Nair combo at low percents, those are the times I find them easiest to link together. Other than that, practice makes perfect.

Top Bottom