• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do I have the feeling like this whole thing is a joke?

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
Pikmin and Olimar just seams like a joke... am I the only one with that feeling? It feels sort of the same like if you could summon winnie the poh in Kingdom Hearts... I mean... it just seams strange...

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
You can't summon winnie the pooh in kingdom hearts and pikmin and Olimar are not a joke because their game was really good.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Excuuuse me? I'm sorry, but could you repeat that? There was a bad case of noob coming out of your mouth the entire time so I couldn't understand you.

Pikmin and Olimar just seams like a joke... am I the only one with that feeling? It feels sort of the same like if you could summon winnie the poh in Kingdom Hearts... I mean... it just seams strange...
Everyone always makes the assumption that the Pikmin games are silly and childish because of the flowers and everything, but they're actually challenging, involve strategy and are actually quite violent. I bet you wouldn't be able to beat them. So pardon me if I'm a little blatant, but...you're a ****ing idiot.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Everyone always makes the assumption that the Pikmin games are silly and childish because of the flowers and everything, but they're actually challenging, involve strategy and are actually quite violent. I bet you wouldn't be able to beat them. So pardon me if I'm a little blatant, but...you're a ****ing idiot.
This.

Nicely put Darkpaladin.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Name 1 reason why you think that pikmin and olimar are anything like winnie the pooh? If you can't, don't make ******** posts.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I was just thinking that lol.

(maybe the one in his head?)

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I spent 3 minutes of my life trying to figure out what hole you were freakin' talking about, and when I finally got the meaning of your post and entered the topic, I felt sorry for myself.

I want those four totally spent minutes of my life back.

And listen to Darkpaladin, he knows what he speaks.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
hey, don't judge me by telling my opinion... I don't mean that Pikmin isn't challenging... the point is that Olimar is kind of like a general who get a lot of pikmin in the game... and I mean... he would fit best as an assist trophy... and use like 50 pikmin to atack the other players...

I just think he seams like some kind of guy that would fit more as an assist trophy rather than a playable character... you don't have to be so mean to my just for my opinion, okey? so actually... you know, it stands in the rules to be nice to newcomers, right? haven't any of you read the rules or anything?

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
It's nice to be nice, as long as the newcomer types using his brains. If you just said "I think he would be best as an AT because of this 'n that", people wouldn't have jumped at you. But you just make a topic calling my favourite character (and many other's favourite character, GO OLIMAR!) a joke and even comparing him to Poo!

Respect is good my friend. Earn it, don't expect it.

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
hey, don't judge me by telling my opinion... I don't mean that Pikmin isn't challenging... the point is that Olimar is kind of like a general who get a lot of pikmin in the game... and I mean... he would fit best as an assist trophy... and use like 50 pikmin to atack the other players...

I just think he seams like some kind of guy that would fit more as an assist trophy rather than a playable character... you don't have to be so mean to my just for my opinion, okey? so actually... you know, it stands in the rules to be nice to newcomers, right? haven't any of you read the rules or anything?
Wait... I don't recall you saying anything remotely similar to that in your 1st post...

Revolution1

Smash Rookie
Personally I like Olimar, but for you, look at it this way: This is your chance to pound a small little space man with a giant hammer or shoot him in the face with a ray gun or blow him up with a massive fiery explosion of a bomb omb

Z1Pp

Smash Rookie
Hole :). Olimar is no joke, you haven't played the game so don't make assumptions.​

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If I recall, the Pikmin games are the ONLY Nintendo games in which you actually kill things and watch them die, and then carry off their corpse for your personal gain.

Yeah, thats a kids game right there. That didnt even happen in Zelda.

Also, even when he doesnt attack, he looks like a pimp. Heres the video with him in it. gameplay ftw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UCDiZ0jTwQ

He is pure awesome in there, plain and simple, just because hes there!

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Seems more to me like a character geared towards experts. I mean... you have to take into consideration WHAT Pikmin you get, where the best places are to spawn the kind you need, making sure you have enough at all times for recovery, and also concentrating on switching to the one you want out in front. Certainly a whole lot to think about. Same goes for fighting him. I'd hate to be on the wrong end of a pro Olimar main.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Arawanch said:

And didn't you read the part of the rules about making useless posts that serve no other purpose than a bash a character, a very loved character at that. What do you expect when you walk into the Olimar forums, make fun of him, speak in possibly the worst English I have ever read, and write a completely stupid post at that. You're going to get bashed. What does your opinion matter here? Olimar is a character, learn to deal with it.

Go play with your Winnie the Pooh now.

finalark

SNORLAX
Okay, Pichu was a joke, C. Falcon was a cool but semi-joke character (metal nipples, he grabs you, seems to do something they flies away screaming "YES!")

And read my sig, this is coming from someone who didn't like Pikmin.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
why does everyone think I haven't tried the game? it was fun... except I didn't like the low time limit... but anyway, the reason why I think this whole thing is a joke is just because I did think that Olimar and pikmin would have been much more powerfull as an assist trophy... and I don't think he can become as nearly powerfull as he could be when he's a playable character...

I never said I didn't like him, I just think it's kind of like a joke... when telling about winnie the poh earlier... I ment, he's in Kingdom Hearts. They made him fit in the game without any problems by making Sora travel into a book, but summoning Winnie woudn't work out that great. So I mean that Olimar and pikmin might fit more with 50 pikmin atacking the other players then reducing the power... 6 Pikmin isn't doing much... it's not at nearly powerfull enough in the pikmin games... you have to have much more pikmin's to make yourself more powerfull.

if he should be as powerfull as he could be, he would be to powerfull to be a playable character, by reducing he's strength... then he might turn out to be a very weak character...

Z1Pp

Smash Rookie
why does everyone think I haven't tried the game? it was fun... except I didn't like the low time limit... but anyway, the reason why I think this whole thing is a joke is just because I did think that Olimar and pikmin would have been much more powerfull as an assist trophy... and I don't think he can become as nearly powerfull as he could be when he's a playable character...

I never said I didn't like him, I just think it's kind of like a joke... when telling about winnie the poh earlier... I ment, he's in Kingdom Hearts. They made him fit in the game without any problems by making Sora travel into a book, but summoning Winnie woudn't work out that great. So I mean that Olimar and pikmin might fit more with 50 pikmin atacking the other players then reducing the power... 6 Pikmin isn't doing much... it's not at nearly powerfull enough in the pikmin games... you have to have much more pikmin's to make yourself more powerfull.

if he should be as powerfull as he could be, he would be to powerfull to be a playable character, by reducing he's strength... then he might turn out to be a very weak character...
Don't play as him then, it's as simple as that

Ryven

Smash Cadet
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, although I think it's cool that Olimar is playable and it will be interesting to see how he fights, now that the OP brings up Assist Trophies I think he has a good point. Pikmin was all about your massive hordes of minions, which Olimar no longer has. Also, in his original games, he spent most of his time trying to stay out of the way while the Pikmin massacred his foes. He's not really the kind of guy I think about when I make lists of good characters for fighting games.

Of course, neither is ROB and I quite like him, so I'm not sure where I'm coming from here other than my mental image of him as an AT looks quite impressive.

Danielman

Smash Apprentice
First Posted By: Ganondorf4ever.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I recall, the Pikmin games are the ONLY Nintendo games in which you actually kill things and watch them die, and then carry off their corpse for your personal gain.

Yeah, thats a kids game right there. That didnt even happen in Zelda.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sig Worthy, Right There.QFT as well.

So I guess you think He's better as an Assist trophy, Because Only 6 pikmin Make Him Underpowered.That Makes a lot Of Sense And Gives You An excuse to bash him/Sarcasm.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... actually... Ganondorf kills more then one of the sages in Twilight Princess... I mean to remember that you actually see him destroying them...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
well... actually... Ganondorf kills more then one of the sages in Twilight Princess... I mean to remember that you actually see him destroying them...
Destroy them, sure. In Zelda, destroy means they explode in a puff of smoke, or light. I did not see Ganondorf, despite how evil and awesome he is, kill something, watch it die, and carry it's corpse to his kitchen to make a sandwich of some kind. Thats the point Im making here.

Plus, the violence is maintained throughout the entire game (well, both of them) in Pikmin.

Olimar's Bloody Legion... theyre not Pikmin anymore..

Top Bottom