• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why didnt they give Wario projectiles

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
sup Wario fans i was just wondering why didnt thet give Wario any projectiles.. hes kinda known for throwing bomb-o-bombs(not sure if i spelled that right) in mario kart double dash im not sure if he does in the new ..mario kart ..dont get me wrong hes a good character and all but he would be even better if he had some type of projectile what do you guys think???

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
While Wario might be fond of using bombs and stuff during kart races, he's still a lean (sort of) mean melee machine. He doesn't use projectiles because, well, it's so much easier to punch someone in the face.

Goochf1111

Smash Cadet
Yes projectiles would be awesome, but what would they assign it to? Over-B is the Bike, and down B is the godly waft. There is no room for projectiles. PLus, Wario would not be nearly as cool without bike and fart. I guess the bike +the tires is a way to have your cake and eat it too. Now the real question is, is there a way to effectively use the projectiles he has??? I have been working on a way to bust out the bike / tires ASAP by immediately skidding out on my bike. It can be pretty handy for Bike mindtricks or a quick try at gimping a recovery.

Ace55

Smash Lord
You're telling me you would like to trade in one of Wario's amesome special moves for some lame projectile. That's would be terrible, just chuck a tire (or the whole bike) at him.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Yes projectiles would be awesome, but what would they assign it to? Over-B is the Bike, and down B is the godly waft. There is no room for projectiles. PLus, Wario would not be nearly as cool without bike and fart. I guess the bike +the tires is a way to have your cake and eat it too. Now the real question is, is there a way to effectively use the projectiles he has??? I have been working on a way to bust out the bike / tires ASAP by immediately skidding out on my bike. It can be pretty handy for Bike mindtricks or a quick try at gimping a recovery.
Hitting people with the bike is an alright surprise attack that they won't see coming at first, but it should be used sparingly, if at all. Throwing the tires/bike can be effective, especially with the gliding toss with the wheels or if you throw either of them down, bounce 'em, and combo someone into them.

Also, the bike has a weak spike attached to it when you hit someone in the air, meaning that with multiple bounces, it'll literally drag someone down off the screen with it.

Purenchisu

Smash Cadet
You're telling me you would like to trade in one of Wario's amesome special moves for some lame projectile. That's would be terrible, just chuck a tire (or the whole bike) at him.
yea.. your right but still i would mind see'n wario throwing a bomb @ mario lol

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Because if Wario had projectiles everyone would play him and be unstoppable.

He doesn't need projectiles. At all.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Also, if Wario has projectiles, then there would be a "noob" way to play him, and the words "noob" and "Wario" are not meant to ever go together.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I would probably trade the Corkscrew (Up-B) for a good projectile. Wario doesn't really need it to recover most of the time since his Bike jump and horizontal aerial speed are so awesome. Or perhaps they could have made the lowest charge level of the waft produce a projectile, but that's just disgusting.

Because if Wario had projectiles everyone would play him and be unstoppable.
Quoted for truth.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It would be TERRIBLE if Wario had projectiles. The idea of people playing Wario and just standing back and throwing **** would make him a total noob character. I prefer not to be like "that guy who plays toon link." Besides, projectiles are a hassle, having to know what the trajectory is and then you have to think about if you're not using it enough or using it too much.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Or perhaps they could have made the lowest charge level of the waft produce a projectile, but that's just disgusting.
Omg... I laughed so hard at this... IMO the lowest charge of the waft would've been neat even just as a trip w/ minimal damage if it's end lag wasn't so long.

Young Cricket

Smash Rookie
The only way Wario should have a projectile is if he attacks with burp clouds from Wario Land 2.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
me and my friend were talking about this about a week ago

i personally think wario would be better if u could replace 1 move (lets just say it doesnt have 2 be a b-button move) 4 a projectile, due 2 the fact that wario is countered by many characters b/c hes forced 2 fight upclose and also due 2 him not having any range in his attacks >_<

but uh yah, this really doesnt answer the thread question or anything but ...yah lmfao

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Probably for the same reason that they didn't give Ganondorf projectiles, even though he had them in the original game. They didn't feel like it, wanted to make a close range character, or any number of reasons.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I would probably trade the Corkscrew (Up-B) for a good projectile. Wario doesn't really need it to recover most of the time since his Bike jump and horizontal aerial speed are so awesome.
I think it's better that he has atleast one recovery special that doesn't need charging or is slighty situational, his midair jump is pretty good but it ain't yoshi's or nothing. If somebody hits or shoots you off the bike you're screwed without you're up B.
Besides, if his up B was a projectile it would probably be something like Kirby's, because he doesn't have a yoshi-like midair jump. And I don't think that's really what Wario would have wanted.;)

On the other hand: if his up was throwing bombombs a bit like yoshi throws his eggs, that would have kicked ***. But still, he needs his recovery up B.

Top Bottom