• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you choose Falco?

Defyler

Smash Cadet
I was just curious to see why you guys decided to use Falco over other characters

I myself chose falco because I deciding whether to main Fox or Falco and Falco just had much more interesting things like his laser and his shine hitting opponents up and the spike while I found Fox was quite boring and not as exciting as Falco so I mained Falco! :)

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
I chose Falco because I loved the thought of keeping pressure on my opponent from across the stage and dictating neutral. Also, Falco is very combo-oriented and more calculated in the combo game due to his lack of speed compared to Fox. Utilizing platforms and following the opponent's DI provides more thought into the combo game. I felt Fox was able to throw out more attacks in a low risk - high reward manner due to his speed, and thus felt encouraged to throw out attacks mindlessly without thinking.

On occasions, Falco's abysmal recovery prompts me to play a little bit of Fox, but it's something that I've realized isn't really that bad. Despite only having 2 recoveries, Falco is given many different options due to his high vertical jump, ledge cancels, and the several directions upB can go. Falco has many options at his disposal.

orvs

Smash Cadet
I chose falco because bombsoldier and mango made him look like a ****in gangster

BranFlakes217

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bran-Flakes217
I chose Falco to combat the 20XX uprising. In a more serious matter, i chose him because he fits my style of play. Intense pressure and aggressive play.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
I love everything about Falco, plus I'm in love with Starfox, so perfect match. I also play Fox though.

bluesoup10

Smash Rookie
I LOVE hitting his d-air. It just feels so good to do. Once I got the hang of waveshining and multishining and such I knew Falco was for me. I think he's really interesting to watch, too.

Cthulhu's Underling

Smash Cadet
I chose him because my recent CTS acquisition ****ed my ability to use Fox, and I can't afford the surgery to fix it. Plus, he keeps it 100 with his sideways blaster handling.

TrustyBag

Smash Rookie
Personally I played Falco when I was a kid playing the game, not knowing anything about the competitive scene. But when I got into competitive Melee I stayed with Falco because he was really fun to use and his D-Air was so cool when I first started. Also his short hop is super easy which I liked a lot.

IdkLmao

Banned via Warnings
I feel like his punish game has more room for big damage than we've already seen and feel like he bodies the whole cast when hes trained up enough. The lasers are really nice.

This is more of a community service reason but, i'm beginning to become impressed with the idea that we have too many falco players that don't really train their falco enough to get it polished up and solid. In many tournament falcos you'll see things ranging from, Glaring lack of certain common fundamentals, or a tech skill it doesn't practice enough, or getting stuck in shine, terrible lasers, a horrible combo game, too knee jerky, etc.

So with this clumsy clunky dime a dozen lazy falco epidemic going on I want my falco to be a positive example for people struggling to level up. You know? Kind of spread the idea that leveling up the falco is more fun than staying on the fence about getting to that next level. I went through the same thing. Its very understandable to have motivation problems leveling up falco.

Last edited:

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
NEUTRAL GAME AND LAZERRRS.
So falco is a great choice for me personally.
I also play fox and playing them both made me realize that falco's jump squat and weight makes it easier for me to short hop and do shield pressure.
Also, I love his shine and the way you can combo with it, it's more fun than fox's shine imo .

TheMasterGinta

Smash Cadet
Back when I first started to play the game (October 2014), I was deadset on playing Roy. I didn't have a memory card or a setup though, so I mooched off a friend who also didn't have a memory card. I played the starting cast, disliked them all, and looked up how to unlock characters and Falco was easy enough. Much to my surprise, his playstyle fitted me perfectly. I still wanted to make Roy work, but one dude at my university kept bodying me and kept telling me to switch to Falco. Come January I did. My results definitely improved afterwards.

Peppa

Time's up, pipsqueak. I'm gone!
NNID
ThePeppa
he's cooler than fox
Thats legit the only reason I've been thinking about swapping mains recently to Falco. Coolness is everything. :falcomelee:

I'm also feeling like I need to main a spacie if I ever want to succeed.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
  1. Falco's fundamentals are super similar to Marth
  2. I needed a secondary
  3. He's cooler than Fox (duh)
  4. That bair...
  5. PPMD's my favorite of the Gods, and he just so happens to use Marth and Falco.

Hubkun

Smash Cadet
His personality in starfox, swag when comboing, diversity in playstyle, and i can just go ham on a sheild when i want to.
Also, D-tilt>B-air>D-air = sex

.-.Prδχγ.-.

Smash Rookie
I Love, his pilaring. not to mention his shffl is a lot more easing on the hands than fox. but its still very effective nonetheless. i think he is actually better than fox when it comes to aerials and guarding, but that's my opinion.

kevlar

Smash Cadet
I started off learning fox and falco, then played a few fox dittoes and realized how much I hated them, so I switched over to falco. Plus, lasers are pretty cool.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
Well, I think we all have a good list of characters we might main when we first start out. Mine were Falco, Young Link, Kirby, Ganondorf, Roy, and Pichu. In every game, I just choose the best of the bunch, for viability reasons.
also dair

Uber Duck

Smash Rookie
I used to main Marth, but switched over to Falco after realizing that he accentuates my playstyle more than Marth: fast air combos and spikes. After I made the switch, I realized I love pressing buttons fast and shine -> shine -> dair is just so satisfying.

Top Bottom