• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Charizard's up b

SleepyTRex

Smash Cadet
Why does charizard move so slow after up b just begging to get punished even if you hit with up b they can fastfall and smack your ass right after in my opinion up b should be faster afterwards cause damn its slow

Also yeah I know use down b but you just get hit once and its over you should be able to do it again after you get hit whats up with that

Hao the Champion

Smash Rookie
Because it's really not meant to just randomly attack with? You can use it as an OoS option or maybe a combo finisher after you chain a ton of Uairs at the top. Charizard doesn't have a fast fall-speed and has decent fast-fall speed, but still.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Up + B should not be used nilly willy. In fact, it's one of his strongest killing moves, and even a weak hit if done near the top will net some nice star KOs.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I seldom ever use his up-B as a fighting tool. It's mainly just a way to poke from below to finish up long air combos.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
if you're getting punished from using up-b then you're using it incorrectly. it's meant to be a finisher off the top or as a pressure escape (up-b OoS) if you miss it or you land it at low %, then you deserve to get punished.

same goes with glide. it's a really good recovery move but if you get hit out of it you end up in a pretty bad situation....but you can avoid getting hit by canceling it into an aerial or glide attack, plus you can still up-b afterwards.

that's what keeps the moves balanced....big risk, big reward

Last edited:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
ORLy from Easton and Apex? I'm Red :D We played a bit lol.
Yes! It was nice playing you! Which reminds me, I learned this neat trick at Apex from this NY zard main. I forget your name :(
Glide->b-reversal turnaround the glide cancel (back+B then immediately hit forward)
It makes you glide forward, then you drift backwards like an airdodge distance away from the direction you glided and turns you around to face the direction you were gliding. It's SO good for fake outs since zard moves so slow during his glide. Both for recovery and on stage mix-ups. Like you can pretend to recover above the ledge or platform, then fake out back to the ledge or up-b to the ledge. Make your opponent think you're going to glide over them but instead fake out and land in their face. It's surprisingly fast and good against characters with smaller attack hitboxes.

narizard

Smash Rookie
Yes! It was nice playing you! Which reminds me, I learned this neat trick at Apex from this NY zard main. I forget your name :(
Glide->b-reversal turnaround the glide cancel (back+B then immediately hit forward)
It makes you glide forward, then you drift backwards like an airdodge distance away from the direction you glided and turns you around to face the direction you were gliding. It's SO good for fake outs since zard moves so slow during his glide. Both for recovery and on stage mix-ups. Like you can pretend to recover above the ledge or platform, then fake out back to the ledge or up-b to the ledge. Make your opponent think you're going to glide over them but instead fake out and land in their face. It's surprisingly fast and good against characters with smaller attack hitboxes.
Yeah it's called b-sticking. Like pikachu's reverse thunder where you jump off the stage, hit down+b, then imediately hit the direction back to the stage and you'll go back, but the thunder creates like a wall off stage. Lol. I'm Kurt btw. My tag was never defined since I just started playing, when we played was like 2 weeks or so of me playing the game Lol. I only play because of Charizard. I am starting to pick up melee as well now though.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I use his up B as a finisher so I never found it to be a problem and it works just fine for me.

Top Bottom