• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Character Specific IM Groups are Necessary

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
What do I mean?
Facebook groups, skype groups, irc, etc.
Some people are convinced that it isn't a good idea, but heres reasons why its actually a GOOD idea.
  • If somebody in the chat want's to ask something about his/her character, they can ask and almost instantly get an answer.
  • Knowledge of the character's tech
  • Knowledge on matchups
  • Discovering techs (I'll get to this later)
Currently I am in a Ness Skype group.
Thanks to most of the people there, 5 techs were found in the first MONTH of the group.
I'm sure with other characters, you could find new things or explore areas that have not been explored enough from the character.

Overall, it just helps getting as much information possible about you're character to other people who use him/her.

kingPiano

Smash Ace
You both have valid points, but honestly if it's ACTUALLY worthwhile tech that can ACTUALLY have any impact on the meta or a character's viability then it will find it's way to Smashboards or subsequently it will be actually tested against worthy smashers before being mentioned.

Otherwise it boils down to a CnB | Chandy tech discovery but without all the loveable wit and charm.

PK Illuminati

Banned via Warnings
You both have valid points, but honestly if it's ACTUALLY worthwhile tech that can ACTUALLY have any impact on the meta or a character's viability then it will find it's way to Smashboards or subsequently it will be actually tested against worthy smashers before being mentioned.

Otherwise it boils down to a CnB | Chandy tech discovery but without all the loveable wit and charm.

I'm talking about FINDING the tech.

Top Bottom