• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why can't we have Rosalina? D: A peach mu discussion thread

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yeah, I think this matchup is even.

I really suck against Peach online though, so please don't gather anything from that even if I have won.

Peach has really quick aerials
Great pressuring tools
A mobile projectile
Strong air control

However Pit really takes advantage of an air campy Peach in this matchup.
She's too floaty and lightweight and usually will get harassed by fair or dair.
Terrible kill power.

All Pits should try to get Peach INTO THE AIR in this matchup. Get a grab? Throw up. Being harassed by dair? U-tilt. Dash attack is actually really key to beat Peach because she just loses in the air and it sends her straight in that direction.

Pit is actually really good at killing Peach, in my opinion.
Full hop fair can serve to read a ton of our approaches. Bair is just really strong in general and can hit us well because our long air duration. Dash attack, f-smash, d-smash, u-tilt, and u-smash all kill Peach.

If you try to arrow spam or camp while losing, one small mistake will quickly lead to 45+%. Try not to be too stationary in this matchup. Constantly move. Peach's glidetoss can cover a lot of area rather quickly, especially if she adds in bonewalking. Her float is actually pretty quick too, if you use it correctly. Peach's dair does a really great job in positioning herself around Pit's blind spot. Other than u-tilt, (which we can outspace) he really doesn't have an answer to a smart dair approach. Peach without a doubt wins on the ground. Quick ground floated aerials do a great job of maneuvering around Pit's annoying approaches (jabs, angel ring, etc etc) and those moves also keep you in lag for far too long.. so I wouldn't suggest using them.

Counterpicks are probably all in Pit's favor, but only slightly.
He can do well on any stage we take him, but he also has the options of FD and Halberd for better camping or easier vertical kills.

Peach has the option of taking him to Brinstar or Rainbow (where he can't ledge camp too well) but he also has some pretty tricky tools to use on those stages as well.

His ledge camping is NOT beatable as Peach.
Well it is, but the risk greatly exceeds the reward.

Honestly, I feel as though it is slightly in Peach's favor.. but not enough to warrant a +1 for her.
It can stay as 0 and I'll be fine with it.

None of these stages are good choices to take a Peach to.

Castle Siege - First transition is far too narrow. Very low platforms and small horizontal blast zones. Peach excels when her opponent is above her, and she'll definitely take advantage of that with quick ground floated u-airs or u-tilts. If any of her aerials sweet spot near the edge, you will be dying a lot earlier compared to Final Destination or Smashville. The second transition has far too many platforms also. Plus, we can refresh our moves on the statue or just camp behind them and wait for you to come. If we're confined in a small area and you approach, it's pretty obvious that Peach will win in that given situation because that's what she best. The third transition is similar to FD I suppose, but the moving ledges doesn't help your case, as well as the higher ceilings.

Pokemon Stadium 1 - Wayyyy too many areas for Peach to confine you to. Every single transformation besides the main one, we can just hide, avoiding your areas and forcing you to approach (if you want to). The ledges are sorta tricky here too. Low ceilings help, but you don't want to take Peach to a stay with a lot of ledges or closed areas.

Yoshi's Island - There is one HUGE freakin platform sitting in the middle of the stage. Peach does not do a great job landing because her fall time is soo slow. By giving her a platform one thirds the way between the stage and the vertical blastzone, you basically nullify one of your strongest attributes in the matchup. The ground of the stage take away our ground float game in some circumstances, so I guess that's a plus. But I would much rather pick another stage for Peach over Yoshi's.

You want to take Peach to a stage where you can read her landings easily, and she can't get to you quickly. Go to the ledge of FD or any transformation of Halberd. FD is just one straight line and provides for great arrow camping (something you usually shouldn't be doing, but for once you can). Halberd encourages sharking and is very similar to FD with lower vertical blastzones. It's your best bet.
Best post.

I hope you noticed i was asking if those were stages peach would take us not the other way around.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
who agrees that these are favorable CPs for the character listed above them

Pit:
1. halberd
2. delphino
3. brinstar
4. RC

Peach:
1. YI:B
2. CS
3. PS1
4. PS2

neutral stages for both:
1. FD
2. SV
3. BF

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
who agrees that these are favorable CPs for the character listed above them

Pit:
1. halberdyes
2. delphinoyes
3. brinstaryes
4. RCyes

Peach:
1. YI:Byes
2. CSyes
3. PS1yes
4. PS2iffy it's not that bad really.

neutral stages for both:
1. FDi feel like pit has a slight edge here but overall yes
2. SVyes
3. BFyes
Don't forget lylat.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Pit:
Halberd
Delfino
FD
YI
Lylat
PS2

Peach:
CS
PS1
Brinstar
BF
YI

Neutral:
SV
RC

z00ted

How would Pit do better than Peach on Brinstar?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit:
Halberd
Delfino
FD
Lylat
Brinstar

Peach:
CS
PS1
RC
YI

Neutral:
SV

Not enough Data/Not Decided
PS2
BF

The 1+ -year old list I've been using says to use Brinstar, and you've fought me there in the past. Not that I remember much considering my supposed Hiatus. Until I see all the complete reasons and valuable proof and evidence about the Brinstar thing, I cannot change my decision bout said stage.

And no, YI is in Peach's favor. Have we not forgotten that it's Pit's worst neutral by default? I'm not certain bout PS2 since I don't even use the stage competitively, and for BF... just not certain. It could be even.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i think the stage is going to matter a lot. but I don't see why Pit can't just run away and space the whole time. whats peach gonna do. pit only takes damage if he personally make bad mistakes. and our moves actually kill floaty, light, peach, while she still has to rack up a lot of damage to kill us. i think its +1 pit , but i noticed all the peach mains think its +1 peach, and all the pit mains thing its +1 pit, which makes me thing its even and whoever knows the matchup better has the advantage

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ur wrong AP. castle siege is our worst neutral. YI isn't bad for us against some characters like wario and kirby and some others but cs is always bad.

z00ted

The 1+ -year old list I've been using says to use Brinstar, and you've fought me there in the past. Not that I remember much considering my supposed Hiatus. Until I see all the complete reasons and valuable proof and evidence about the Brinstar thing, I cannot change my decision bout said stage.
Almost every single time (like 90%) you take me to Brinstar I win.
The stage is great for Peach, especially against Pit.

We can refresh our moves on the pillars to get more horizontal killpower on the already extremely small horizontal blastzones. A full hop fair covers both the left and right platforms perfectly for Peach.

The lava prevents permanent planking/sharking and allows us to abuse our float versus you.
Sure, you may have multiple jumps and pretty strong air control... but Peach is probably one of the best in the game when it comes to maneuvering horizontally in the air.

The terrain is really bumpy and isn't recommended for characters who want to get smashes for kills on the ground (not to mention the random lava appearance). We can float right over both the terrain, and the lava.

The right side of the stage promotes turnip camping for Peach. We can also hide behind pillars to avoid your arrow camp.

Brinstar is my favorite stage in the game, if a character beats me on it I will admit it.
Pit doesn't have as many benefits, in my opinion.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Well if you have a ton of experience on Brinstar that doesn't really mean Peach is better than Pit on Brinstar. Fresh bair kills Peach at like 90-100 on Peach, we can refresh our moves on the pillars as well, we can stand behind the pillars and shoot arrows past them while being safe from turnips, hitting the gooey thingies with dair makes the hit box very large and it lasts a lot longer.

Top Bottom