• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why can't I wall cling?

Jitsu

Smash Rookie
Hello
The other day I got my first chance to play as Lucario, and I really like him. But, I can't seem to cling to anything below the stage. Any wall above the stage works fine. I've seen videos of other people clinging to the side of final destination but I can't seem to do it at all.

Thanks in advance

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
I noticed one thing when trying to do it.

You have to hit the wall flat. No angle. Hit it straight.

I also think that the wall has to be flat on you as well.

Cpt Nanners

Smash Rookie
I noticed one thing when trying to do it.

You have to hit the wall flat. No angle. Hit it straight.

I also think that the wall has to be flat on you as well.
I believe this is the main reason. I created a stage with a larger flat walls down the sides and have no problem clinging to them. On final destination though, I always seem to make the mistake of wall jumping while trying to position myself for a cling causing me to just hit the bottom and die.

Lupo

Smash Cadet
Final D is set up like this:

What you want to do is jump once off the stage, so Lucario would be right here:

| <--
V __
\

Lucario |
---

And then using your remaining jump, move towards the flat wall.

Lucario--> |

From here, you can cling for about 4 seconds, wall jump, or use ExtremeSpeed to get back up (just make sure you curve it so you don't hit the corner and die.)

I hope that helped!

--Lupo
"The aura may be with me, but I'm gonna force into you!"

Jitsu

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I got another chance to play, and you guys are right, but alot of the time when I walljump off that flat part of final destination, I seem to hit the slanted part and cancel my jump, just falling to my death, I guess i just need practise. I also can't cling to that specific wall without using my extreme speed, but I think that is just lack of practise too.

Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom