• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Why Can't I Use Equipped Items??

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
If this question has already been answered then please direct me to it cuz I can't find it. Basically I'm ******* around with the custom equipment and whenever I give a character a piece that gives them an item, like a beam sword, ray-gun or lipstick, whenever I go to Smash or even Smash Run, they don't have them! Not even when respawning. The only time I see them with it is during the waiting room if I'm playing with friends. What gives?
& before you ask, YES I made sure the custom option was turned on from the Character select screen.

Has this happened to anyone else before?

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
The item equipment only works when you have items set on AND the item is actually toggled on. Example: to use a start with home-run bat equipment you need to turn items on and have home-run bats toggled on. Don't know why it doesn't work in Smash Run though since items are on in that.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Certain items will never appear in Smash Run. The Home-Run Bat is one of them, though you may still encounter them in the final event.

Top Bottom