• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why cant i double laser from ledge?

TheDazzLe

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly new to falco. I know this technique is not super useful and can get you killed but why cant i do it? I hop from the ledge and only have time for 1 high laser. If i do my highest jump off the ledge and dont return to the stage, my second laser usually shoots right under the ledge. Can anyone offer help? Maybe my ledge jump isnt optimal, thanks in advance.

xman

Smash Cadet
you have to hit b as soon as you jump. what i like to do is hit y and slide my thumb to b in one motion that usually does the trick... you have to jump at a certain height as well if you want the lasers to come out at the same height basically as you rise from your jump you'll shoot one and as you land you'll shoot the second laser on your way to the floor

Last edited:

Acorn

Smash Cadet
Practice doing Fox's shdl. It's a good way to learn how to go from y -> b quickly, which is the basis for a lot of tech. (Shine OoS, etc)

For double ledge lasers, you want to drop a tiny bit below the stage before you jump. Then when you do jump you need to press b pretty much immediately (hence my previous tip). Then you should have enough time for the second laser.

If your second laser is at a good height but your first one is too high, you need to drop lower and/or get that first laser out sooner.

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
A while back I was playing friendlies with a pretty good Falco in my region. He was beating me up pretty badly, but was giving me tips so that was cool. He noticed I *never* did double laser from ledge, because I didn't know about it. He taught me how to do it, but I couldn't get it. I accidentally did tap jump once for it, and it worked perfectly, so now I always use tap jump. Maybe this would help? Good luck

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
It's easier to tap jump to ledge hop double laser so that you don't have to slide your finger from X/Y to B.

You don't have to practice Fox's SHDL. Go into training mode and slow the time down to 2/3 or 1/2. Then as you get more consistent, go back to regular time.

Top Bottom