• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brawl is the Way it Is.

Spellman

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to "disprove" anything. I just don't think the reason why the game is as it is is because of how hard it is for 1st-time tryers to use the Wiimote for Smash.

He did it simply because he wanted a simple game marketed at the Casual consumers (the fact that hidden depth wouldn't stand in anyone's way as no one's forced to use it seems to have eluded him).
That seems unusual to me. So far, Nintendo's flagship titles haven't disapointed in the difficulty department, (Super Mario Galaxy isn't the hardest Mario platformer on the market, and the controls have been simplified compared to Super Mario 64 and Sunshine), but Shiggy fought to bring some challenging levels to the game to impress the long time fans and I think it was rather successful.us Metroid Prime 3 didn't sell out to the casual crowd either, it just had more fluid and natural controls. Zelda was awesome too. We got simpler controls and lost some options but Smash definately didn't sell out because the human vs. human element still has enough depth and is not severly damaged by the games influence. (ie. bomb-ombs raining from the sky always everywhere or something.)

You don't think all is lost for competitiveness in this game, do you?

I still think it just takee different types of skill to play Melee and to play Brawl.

Edit: Actually, nevermind, I think I see the point you were trying to make and I agree, I think the same intentions were there for Melee but that didn't seem to stop competition.

Top Bottom