• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Bowser Jr. is more deserving than the other Mario Reps. Like Geno. Hah.

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet
I reckon they'll both be in. They're both popular and have much supporting them.
And some characters do get in because of popularity. Just read Wario's and Sonic's updates on the site again :)

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
1) Acutally Geno is not a Third Party character due to a loop hole in contracts, YES I RESEARCHED IT. More like 2nd Party
Thank You! What is the loop hole, Sero?
Well, Nintendo has the right to use Geno outside of this, as long as they give credit to SE for creating him. The same happened for Rare in SSBM... Nintendo gave credit to Rare for creating Diddy, Dixie, Kongo Jungle, etc., even though Rare was no longer part of Nintendo.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Geno doesn't have to be popular to get in. This is Brawl, not a popularity contest. Popular characters are boring to Sakurai.
I completely disagree, characters do get in because of their popularity, unless they're retro, Geno wouldn't be even half as popular if he wasn't on the polls, he would only have the sort of cult following characters like Skull Kid have, which is not enough for a character to get in, specially when their franchises have had over 5 games after the appearance of that particular character, the only reason I support Geno is because he is the only Mario rep who isn't a rehash of a character already in the game.

Top Bottom