• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Bowser Jr. is more deserving than the other Mario Reps. Like Geno. Hah.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr seems like the ONLY Mario rep that actually deserves to be in. He has been in a couple games already as Main Villian/Supporting Villian (Not just 1 support role from 10 years ago....*Cough Geno Cough*), has appeared in all the latest sports games, etc etc.

Bowser Jr has MORE chances than the other following Mario Reps.

Daisy - Daisy, besides 1 minor role for a game on the Game Boy, has NO importance besides sport/party game. Super Smash Bros? No. Super Smash Mario Party? Sure.

Waluigi - Same as above, but even worse. He NEVER appeared outside of a Sport/Party game.

Baby Mario Bros - Only, sure. here we got 2 little babies that have bigger roles. And yet.......Yoshi. Yoshi fills the role of the Yoshi Series. Plus, they fell victim to the Party/Sport lock. Bowser Jr, on the other hand, still appears in actual games.

GENO. AND YOU KNOW IT

This is Bowser's "rival" when it comes to Brawl. Most rosters have "Geno/Bowser Jr" selections, meaning that either one could get in. Well I'm here to tell you that Bowser Jr has MORE of a chance then Geno. Lets compare, shall we?

1. First Party or Third Party?
Bowser Jr - 1st.
Geno - 3rd. (Square Enix)
This is a MAJOR dis. for Geno. Its just common sence, 3rd partys have a much lower chance than 1st or 2nd Partys. And I don't really care if Sakurai stated that Geno isn't considered 3rd party to him, he is 3rd party. Deal with it. Sakurai is not calling the shots in that area. It is the 3rd Party company. Besides, if Square Enix were to contribute to Brawl, it would be Sora, or Cloud, or Black Mage, etc etc. Not Geno.

2. Sakurai's Poll?
Bowser Jr - No.
Geno - Yes.
Ok, so this is a battle Geno fanboys win. But yet, does it matter? Sure, Diddy, Dedede, Sonic, etc etc were on the polls, but they got in not because they were on the polls, but the fact they deserve to be in Brawl. Also, Pokemon Trainer was not on the polls, and yet....

3. Number of Games?
Bowser Jr - (Not Counting Sport games) 3
Geno - 1
Well, not a BIG advantage, but still one. Bowser Jr has 3 games in which he is an Supporting or Main role in. Geno has 1 supporting role. Nuff said. 2 is greater than 1 :p. But like I said, this isnt much of a disadvantage. BUT. Why hasnt Geno appeared in Sport games, hm? You would THINK he would be in 3on3 Basketball, but, not really.

4. Roles?
Bowser Jr - 1 Main Role, and 1 Main Role shared with Bowser, and 1 supporting role. So, 3 roles.
Geno - 1 Supporting Role.
And I quote, from Wiki -
"He acts as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine (where he first appears as Shadow Mario) and New Super Mario Bros., with his father only playing a minor role in each."
This is an advantage for Bowser Jr, obviously. 2 MAINS roles. Geno has 1 supporting role. WHich is more important?

5. Last appearance in the Mario Series?
Bowser Jr - New Super Mario Bros, 2007.
Geno - Besides a cameo in Mario Superstar Saga,
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, 1996
Hm..........so lets see. We got a main role villain from just recently, and a supporting role from over 10 years ago? Wow...............and people actually want Geno, is what kills me.

Now. I just anwsered the 5 mosted talked about facts for Geno and Bowser Jr. Sure, there are plenty others, but these are the 5 most important facts. Now lets some up.

Bowser Jr - "Hi, I'm Bowser Jr. I am a villian from the 1st party Mario series. I've had 2 main villain roles in the past 5 years, and I've been in plenty of Mario Sport games. I am very important to the Mario series, and I am a charater that appears in more than just Mario Partys, Karts, Partys, etc etc. Even though I was not on Sakurai's Poll, I hope people can see though that and pick me for Brawl!"

Geno "Hi, I'm Geno. I am a supporting 3rd party charater for 1 Mario Game. I have only 1 role, which is supporting charater from a game 11 years old. I am.........not so important to the Mario Series, and I havnt been in ANY Mario Sport/Party/Kart game to date since I debuted. But I was on Sakurai's poll. And there are more important Square Enix charaters that deserve to be in Brawl, but I hope people can see through that. Pick me for Brawl!"

now, if I was Sakurai, I'm sure I would pick the charater that is far more important in the Mario series.

This ends my topic. Sorry for any spelling errors I made.

Discuss!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Whats the point in coughing when you have Geno as a put down in the title, stupid?

Anyways wait for me to type my counter arguement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowser Jr seems like the ONLY Mario rep that actually deserves to be in. He has been in a couple games already as Main Villian/Supporting Villian (Not just 1 support role from 10 years ago....*Cough Geno Cough*), has appeared in all the latest sports games, etc etc.

You count really count sport or party games, only ones that do work for him are Sunshine and Galaxy

Bowser Jr has MORE chances than the other following Mario Reps.

Daisy - Daisy, besides 1 minor role for a game on the Game Boy, has NO importance besides sport/party game. Super Smash Bros? No. Super Smash Mario Party? Sure.

I agree.

Waluigi - Same as above, but even worse. He NEVER appeared outside of a Sport/Party game.

totally agree on.

Baby Mario Bros - Only, sure. here we got 2 little babies that have bigger roles. And yet.......Yoshi. Yoshi fills the role of the Yoshi Series. Plus, they fell victim to the Party/Sport lock. Bowser Jr, on the other hand, still appears in actual games.

Well freaking duh they grew up.

GENO. AND YOU KNOW IT

This is Bowser's "rival" when it comes to Brawl. Most rosters have "Geno/Bowser Jr" selections, meaning that either one could get in. Well I'm here to tell you that Bowser Jr has MORE of a chance then Geno. Lets compare, shall we?

On some rosters I see both on there. Also why do you think there will only be 5 slots? The Mario franchise isn't as small like the EB franchise they're going to have more characters from there at least 6-7 spots.

1. First Party or Third Party?
Bowser Jr - 1st.
Geno - 3rd. (Square Enix)
This is a MAJOR dis. for Geno. Its just common sence, 3rd partys have a much lower chance than 1st or 2nd Partys. And I don't really care if Sakurai stated that Geno isn't considered 3rd party to him, he is 3rd party. Deal with it. Sakurai is not calling the shots in that area. It is the 3rd Party company. Besides, if Square Enix were to contribute to Brawl, it would be Sora, or Cloud, or Black Mage, etc etc. Not Geno.

Sora is partially owned by Disney. Black Mage is generic all characters have something unique about them, I.E. Mario's jump. Cloud I can't think of an arguement against him but I doubt they would put one of their precese characters such as him in. but thats opinion.

2. Sakurai's Poll?
Bowser Jr - No.
Geno - Yes.
Ok, so this is a battle Geno fanboys win. But yet, does it matter? Sure, Diddy, Dedede, Sonic, etc etc were on the polls, but they got in not because they were on the polls, but the fact they deserve to be in Brawl. Also, Pokemon Trainer was not on the polls, and yet....

You contridict yourself on the statement. However think of the melee poll, there's a topic about it here somewhere.

3. Number of Games?
Bowser Jr - (Not Counting Sport games) 2...........I think.
Geno - 1
Well, not a BIG advantage, but still one. Bowser Jr has 2 games in which he is an Supporting or Main role in. Geno has 1 supporting role. Nuff said. 2 is greater than 1 . But like I said, this isnt much of a disadvantage. BUT. Why hasnt Geno appeared in Sport games, hm? You would THINK he would be in 3on3 Basketball, but, not really.

Geno was in 2(Fact) but 1 was as a cameo. (Fact) Also Geno is to cool for stupid filler games like Waluigi (Opinion.)

4. Roles?
Bowser Jr - 1 Main Role, and 1 Main Role shared with Bowser. So, 2 main roles.
Geno - 1 Supporting Role.
And I quote, from Wiki -
"He acts as the main antagonist of both Super Mario Sunshine (where he first appears as Shadow Mario) and New Super Mario Bros., with his father only playing a minor role in each."
This is an advantage for Bowser Jr, obviously. 2 MAINS roles. Geno has 1 supporting role. WHich is more important?

I can't argue with you there, but Geno's mission was to collect the missing pieces of the Star Road. That was vital to the plot, many may see him as a supporting but it was his games since he was the 1 that explained why Smithy's creations had the stars.

5. Last appearance in the Mario Series?
Bowser Jr - New Super Mario Bros, 2007.
Geno - Besides a cameo in Mario Superstar Saga,
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, 1996
Hm..........so lets see. We got a main role villain from just recently, and a supporting role from over 10 years ago? Wow...............and people actually want Geno, is what kills me.

What SHOULD do it for you is that Sakurai, guy making this game, loves obscure and retro characters.

Now. I just anwsered the 5 mosted talked about facts for Geno and Bowser Jr. Sure, there are plenty others, but these are the 5 most important facts. Now lets some up.

Bowser Jr - "Hi, I'm Bowser Jr. I am a villian from the 1st party Mario series. I've had 2 main villain roles in the past 5 years, and I've been in plenty of Mario Sport games. I am very important to the Mario series, and I am a charater that appears in more than just Mario Partys, Karts, Partys, etc etc. Even though I was not on Sakurai's Poll, I hope people can see though that and pick me for Brawl!"

Geno "Hi, I'm Geno. I am a supporting 3rd party charater for 1 Mario Game. I have only 1 role, which is supporting charater from a game 11 years old. I am.........not so important to the Mario Series, and I havnt been in ANY Mario Sport/Party/Kart game to date since I debuted. But I was on Sakurai's poll. And there are more important Square Enix charaters that deserve to be in Brawl, but I hope people can see through that. Pick me for Brawl!"

OOC

now, if I was Sakurai, I'm sure I would pick the charater that is far more important in the Mario series.

If you were Sakurai you would research characters that interest like old characters you not popular. He even stated he hates popular characters because they don't really add to the hype of the game.

This ends my topic. Sorry for any spelling errors I made.

no one is perfect.

Discuss!

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
Whats the point in coughing when you have Geno as a put down in the title, stupid?

Anyways wait for me to type my counter arguement.

Cause I meant to post this in the Bowser Jr topic. but I just decided to make a new one.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
Here is the official Bowser Jr. thread

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72472

(Though Gimpyfish's is better)

The Geno thread is on the first page. This thread is spam AND trolling
wtf? This isnt the least bit trolling or spaming. This is an argument on how Bowser Jr is more important than Geno. And this is the Brawl charater discussion thread, is it not? Fail.

The reason I made a seperate topic is because if I were to put this in the Bowser Jr topic, everyone would argee with me, and if I put it in the Geno topic, everyone would disagree.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
you got one of your facts wrong. bowser jr. has been in another main stream mario game, he was in
super mario galaxy.
I put this in spoilers for those who havnt played it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wtf? This isnt the least bit trolling or spaming. This is an argument on how Bowser Jr is more important than Geno. And this is the Brawl charater discussion thread, is it not? Fail.

The reason I made a seperate topic is because if I were to put this in the Bowser Jr topic, everyone would argee with me, and if I put it in the Geno topic, everyone would disagree.
It's spam because there is already a Bowser Jr topic...

and it's trolling because it's intent is to diss a character and say another is better, sparking arguement

D

Deleted member

God. I don't ****ing understand why they both can't get in. Sakurai is looking for interesting and original characters. In my opinion, Bowser Jr. ain't interesting or that original. Geno is.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Sonic wasn't in the brawl journal at all so thats more proof not being in that journal=/=not being a character.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
God. I don't ****ing understand why they both can't get in. Sakurai is looking for interesting and original characters. In my opinion, Bowser Jr. ain't interesting or that original. Geno is.
Also Jr. replaced 7 interesting koopaling last seen in the same game as Geno. :mad:

Only thing that Jr has to distinguish himself from his siblings who disappeared his is hankerchief/bandana thing and that he has a lion scream but his bratty siblings have something similiar to it.

Go on wikipedia or lemmykoopa.com for more info on the koopalings.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
Truth be told, I don't think EITHER of them will get in.

You forgot to mention Super Mario Galaxy, bowser jr.'s in that i just beat him, he's really hard... >_>;

And yeah bowser jr. is alot more likely than geno but then again luigi wasn't on the poll either. Sakurai just put the posts he though were interesting

Enigma14

Smash Champion
You forgot to mention Super Mario Galaxy, bowser jr.'s in that i just beat him, he's really hard... >_>;

And yeah bowser jr. is alot more likely than geno but then again luigi wasn't on the poll either. Sakurai just put the posts he though were interesting
Well yeah we all know Luigi is already in. Sakurai only asked about characters who the fans wanted like Sonic or Ridley...etc.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
We don't know if he's in. Luigi is wanted in brawl isn't he? I don't understand the difference...
It should be obvious he's in unless you HAVEN'T played the last 2 games in the series, people expect him to be in because he has in the last 2. IF they do replace him (which they wouldn't) I would be more upset then when Lucas>Ness Just because Sakurai was biased towars MOTHER then EB.

Also Luigi has been leaked to be in but we all already know this because he's been in the previous 2, only characters we don't know about are Ness and Jigglypuff.

Sakurai asked for character that aren't already in the game (to be PCs) liek Sonic, Ridley, Geno...etc.

D

Deleted member

We don't know if he's in. Luigi is wanted in brawl isn't he? I don't understand the difference...
Actually, he was leaked in an interview that he'd return by some American guy that works for Nintendo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bowser Jr = Clone Character.

There is absolutely no way you can have Bowser Jr and not make him a clone of his daddy. Oh, big whoop give him the paintbrush from Sunshine, but that'd only amount to maybe two moves and well he needs a full move set, and then he'll be come Bowser-lite.

Geno = Original character with a shiny moveset and tons more personality than Bowser Jr from just 1 game.

Look I like Bowser Jr, but he's a pale imitation of his Dad. Bowser's original 7 Koopalings are much more interesting characters. I miss them.

Enigma14

Smash Champion

There is absolutely no way you can have Bowser Jr and not make him a clone of his daddy. Oh, big whoop give him the paintbrush from Sunshine, but that'd only amount to maybe two moves and well he needs a full move set, and then he'll be come Bowser-lite.

With his paintbrush he can turn into a Mario clone who can pollute the battlefield.

Geno = Original character with a shiny moveset and tons more personality than Bowser Jr from just 1 game.

Look I like Bowser Jr, but he's a pale imitation of his Dad. Bowser's original 7 Koopalings are much more interesting characters. I miss them.
I miss them to. Jr like his siblings before him were bratty but had personality not like a mini-me.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He then he just becomes Mario with a paint brush. I don't think that's interesting enough for Sakurai.

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
You count really count sport or party games, only ones that do work for him are Sunshine and Galaxy

Like I said, sport games don't really count. Oh and btw, NSMB also has him as a main role.

I agree.

Good :p

totally agree on.

good :p

Well freaking duh they grew up.

True dat.

GENO. AND YOU KNOW IT

On some rosters I see both on there. Also why do you think there will only be 5 slots? The Mario franchise isn't as small like the EB franchise they're going to have more characters from there at least 6-7 spots.

Well, I never really said they both can't be on there. It just seems like alot of people choose Bowser Jr or Geno, and hate the other. Dunno why....

Sora is partially owned by Disney. Black Mage is generic all characters have something unique about them, I.E. Mario's jump. Cloud I can't think of an arguement against him but I doubt they would put one of their precese characters such as him in. but thats opinion.

But I'm sure you got my point. There are more important charaters Square could use to rep Squre Enix rather than Geno.

You contridict yourself on the statement. However think of the melee poll, there's a topic about it here somewhere.

Hm, seems I did.

Geno was in 2(Fact) but 1 was as a cameo. (Fact) Also Geno is to cool for stupid filler games like Waluigi (Opinion.)

My bad. But once again, I'm sure you see my point.

I can't argue with you there, but Geno's mission was to collect the missing pieces of the Star Road. That was vital to the plot, many may see him as a supporting but it was his games since he was the 1 that explained why Smithy's creations had the stars.

Sure, I might be vital to the story, but he is still a supporting charater. Mario had the main role in that game. Bowser, Peach, Geno, Mallow etc etc were all supporting roles.

What SHOULD do it for you is that Sakurai, guy making this game, loves obscure and retro characters.

Sure, but Pit, Ice Climbers and Game & Watch are all great and classic games. Mario RPG, no matter how much it stands out, is another mario game.

OOC

Um..........what?

If you were Sakurai you would research characters that interest like old characters you not popular. He even stated he hates popular characters because they don't really add to the hype of the game.

Can't disagree with you there :p

no one is perfect.

thank you for not flaming me out, as I would expect some people to do :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
1.- Geno is more popular than Bowser Jr. by FAR.

2.- Geno was HIGHER than Bowser Jr in the polls (a LOT higher, like 5 entries) Which relates to my previous point. But also says how Geno is more likely. (If Bowser Jr. was that popular, why isn't he over Geno in the polls results?)

3.- Strip Bowser Jr. off his paintbrush, and he's as good as a Bowser clone. News. Paintbrush is an item. Items can be ITEMS.(Lip's stick, Star Rod, Fire Flower, Paintbrush, I can really see this happening).

well umm... here's a moveset i made...

Bowser Jr.
Speed: **
Power: ****
Attack Speed: *****
Jump: ***
Fall Speed: ***
Recovery: ***

Standard Special Move- Paintbrush gather- Bowser Jr. begins rotating his paintbrush above his head and it slowly begins to cover itself in paint, after pressing B again he swipes the paintbrush in front of him. This move does really good damage but a little bit of knockback. After getting hit by this move you’re speed decreases and you’re covered in paint. After is max charged you can press the shield button to save the shot. 12% damage uncharged, 54% damage charged.

Side Special Move- Fire Orb Burst- Bowser Jr. leans back then shoots forward three fireballs. Upon contact a small explosion occurs. The first two fireballs are much smaller than the third but for good reason, they have a sucking sort of ability that pulls you into the center of the explosion allowing the preceding fireball to hit easier. The third fireball is much bigger than the first two. It does twice as much damage as the smaller ones and thrice as much knockback, being able to KO the opponent at relatively small damages (50% and upwards). 8% small fireball 16% large fireball.

Up Special Move- Illusionary Dash- Bowser Jr. does his trademark chuckle and splits into three versions of himself then dashes upward. Each one of them are a liquid blue color and have bright red eyes. Only one of them is the real one, if one gets hit they disappear into splash of water (Note: if you hit an illusion with a physical attack you get the paint effect). If the real Bowser Jr. is hit then the other two illusions turn into liquid and the move is canceled. If an illusion reaches the ledge then the real Bowser Jr. flies into the liquid and takes its place. If you are between Bowser Jr. and his copy then you will take damage when he bashes through you.

Down Special Move- Shadow Transform- Bowser Jr. paints a circle around himself and a wall of liquid surrounds him, after it falls to the ground (this takes about 1 second) he appears as Shadow Mario.

Final Smash- Koopa Clown Car Havoc- Bowser Jr. somersaults into the background and lands in his father’s clown car. He then flies into the stage. Pressing your standard special will make Bowser Jr. throw three bob-ombs onto the stage and occasionally a little Bowser Toy (I don’t know the name of those little mechanic bowser’s that chased you in the game) that walks around and breaths fire. Using your side special will make Bowser Jr. shoot three bullet bills out of the car, two of them go in the path they were fired and one is a homing bill that chases after the closest player. After fifteen seconds Jr. will jump out of the Clown Car, which flies into the stage and explodes, and joins the brawl again. Bob-Ombs- as much as a regular one does. Bullet Bill- As much as a regular one does (Subspace emissary). Bowser Toy- 12% if you touch it, flame breath does 7%.

Shadow Mario
Speed: ****
Power: **
Attack Speed: **
Jump: ****
Fall Speed: **
Recovery: *****

Standard Special Move- Dark Water Splash- Shadow Mario flicks his hand upward and a large glob of water flies out of it and falls downward. If the glob of water hits the floor it creates small slippery surface that is similar to the banana peel item. If this move hits another character they get sent downward and receive the paint effect, this move is good for edge guarding. 2% if hit.

Side Special Move- Liquid Dash- Shadow Mario blasts forward with liquid trailing behind him. This move is sort of like Fox’s side special move. If you get hit by Shadow Mario at the end of the move you get a tremendous amount of knockback and go flying. 6% from being in the middle of attack, 12% from the ending of the move.

Up Special Move- Shadow Teleport- The paintbrush ‘M’ from Super Mario Sunshine appears in front of Shadow Mario and he jumps through it. He jumps out of another ‘M’ that appears in the stage. This move recovers a lot of distance but it has a lot of lag after Shadow Mario comes out of the M.

Down Special Move- Shadow Transform- Shadow Mario breaks apart into a puddle and then reforms into Bowser Jr. (This takes about 1.4 seconds)

Final Smash- Piranha Plant Destruction- Shadow Mario pulls out his paintbrush and throws a large glob of paint onto the stage. Shortly after a giant Piranha Plant covered in the gook emerges from the paint and starts attacking everyone by spitting globs of paint at everyone (leaves paint effect if hit) and ramming its girth into the other players. Shadow Mario is free to move around while it’s out. 23% from paint blast, 28% from being hit by the plant, and 12% if you get hit by the first glob that Shadow Mario throws out onto the stage.

Also luigi has always been a semi clone of mario but people don't complain about him...

2.- Geno was HIGHER than Bowser Jr in the polls (a LOT higher, like 5 entries) Which relates to my previous point. But also says how Geno is more likely. (If Bowser Jr. was that popular, why isn't he over Geno in the polls results?)

3.- Strip Bowser Jr. off his paintbrush, and he's as good as a Bowser clone. News. Paintbrush is an item. Items can be ITEMS.(Lip's stick, Star Rod, Fire Flower, Paintbrush, I can really see this happening).
That's not a pretty valid argument. Strip ike of his sword and he's pretty much a pointless character, don't take things away from characters that make them unique and then say they're unoriginal

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice

BUT. Bowser Jr has his paintbrush, now dosent he?

sure, he is more popular, I can't disagree with you on that. But the problem is HOW did Geno get THIS popular? He dosent deserve it. (I'm going to regret saying that...)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Bowser Jr. HAS appeared without his brush.

Ike hasn't appeared without his sword.

THAT is the difference.

Paintbrush is a one-time item so far. I've never heard of Shadow Mario appearing on a game besides Sunshine.

... *sigh*... people prefer a batant copy of Bowser to get more popularity...

than a completely unique doll-character with unique attack methods, personality and coolness? What is WRONG with the world these days?

Why are people so easily satisfied with half-***** designed characters?

I used to not even LIKE Geno at all! But seeing the Mario rep. choices.. I had no choice but to join forces with the one I like the most.

P.S.

Ike is a MAIN CHARACTER... Bowser Jr. is the main villain....'s SON...

pardon me... the main villain's 8TH son. Whose role has always been that of a Miniboss. Except for NSMB where both he and his Giga father joined forces at the end.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I've never even heard of Geno, although Bowser Jr. is well known.

They should just add Koopa, and that would be fine.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
This entire thread fails because "deserving" is subjective.

Also,
sure, he is more popular, I can't disagree with you on that. But the problem is HOW did Geno get THIS popular? He dosent deserve it. (I'm going to regret saying that...)
You are going to get flamed now.

/Inb4GenoAlliance

EDIT: Also, Geno is in 2 games, Bowser Jr. is in 3.

D

Deleted member

Geno doesn't have to be popular to get in. This is Brawl, not a popularity contest. Popular characters are boring to Sakurai.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't think POPULAR is the word for Geno...

I think the word that best describes him is MEMORABLE.

I guess he became that famous because... let me guess... he's a 100% original creation with unique... EVERYTHING and doesn't have to be given a paintbrush to differ from another character.

The fact that Bowser Jr was not in the polls means that there are still people out there who can tell a good character from a bad one.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I like Geno AND Bowser Jr. With Dr. Mario leaving for sure, someone will replace him, and it's not a long shot to think that Mario will get another rep besides Doc's replacement. I mean really, is 6 characters in a 35-50 character game too much for video gaming's most important franchise?

EDIT: Although honestly, it doesn't matter how much more Bowser Jr. DESERVES to be in Brawl than Geno. Geno is who (most) of the fans want, according to the poll, and what is this game if not a heaping helping of fan service?

Then again, Pokemon Trainer wasn't exactly popular. In the end, it's up to Sakurai, so if he thinks Geno and Bowser Jr. both suck, and he thinks he could make a really awesome moveset for Waluigi, who's to tell him otherwise?

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Enigma pretty much said it all in his fisrt post.
I don't hate Bowser Jr, I honestly think both Geno and Bowser Jr can get in either as PCs or ATs. These arguments are really unnecessary.

serosfan

Smash Apprentice
1) Acutally Geno is not a Third Party character due to a loop hole in contracts, YES I RESEARCHED IT. More like 2nd Party
2) I support Bowser Jr., but there is nothing saying Geno and Bowser Jr cant both be in. I fully expect it.
3) I strongly dislike Geno.

...4) If SE is to get a spot, which I fully expect, it will be Black Mage. Final Fantasy started on Nintendo and deserves to be represented since it is an icon in gaming, just like Pacman, Mario, and Sonic are.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
1) Acutally Geno is not a Third Party character due to a loop hole in contracts, YES I RESEARCHED IT. More like 2nd PartyQUOTE]

Thank You! What is the loop hole, Sero?

ElvishSpirit I'm sorry if I seemed rude earlier.

Pretty much both can get in but only if Sakurai wants them in.

Top Bottom