• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are the computers on Intense so much smarter than their lvl. 9 counterparts?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Anyone got an answer for this? You think it'd be more consistent.

MSTK

Smash Cadet
I think it's partially because they have some kind of handicap in their favor, like x1.5 damage or something.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
They're not.
They just have handicaps.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Argument resolved. Any hacks for getting them out of just single player?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This I have pondered before, though I'm not sure that it's a specific handicap.

Let's say you play against a level 9 Peach in a normal Brawl versus the SSE shadow Peach in the SSE on Intense. You will notice some key differences between the two Peach's, as the SSE Peach seems to air and spot dodge more often than a level 9. Another key difference is that the SSE Peach float cancels, while the level 9 Peach does not.

It may be a comination of a handicap for some situations, but I think that built in the game, lies a level 10.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, even in Melee I've felt that there was a level 10 for the single player. I remember when I could just BARELY beat level 9s, and I would still lose to Classic mode. Though, if there is a level 10, that raises the question as to why they didn't just include them in normal Brawl.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
For me is different the Lv9 of the com compared with the intense level.
The intense difficult is more Stronger (Why? the handicap)

Top Bottom